Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

@Flash_ was going to purchase a pair, so i checked out the 1108XX raw & O/W @BiG.

can't trust my memory completely, but i found the denim [on both raw & O/W] to have similar if not exact hand as on the contest pair.

'asked Gordon about it,  he said aside from the selvedge line, they're basically the same Zim cotton denim ... no real significant difference

of course the [shade] of the indigo won't be exact ... but, even denim of same prod'n model differs slightly by lot, anyway ... eg, Samurai prod'n 500XX, 5000VX, 710XX, etc.

so, i'll wait til they become available in 15oz "wild cotton" ... w/c, from what i gather, are Zims, as well  :wacko: ... just different ["tea" cotton] strain ... of course, i'm not 100% on this cuz i have not been closely following this thread lately  :blush:

edit:

i'll swing by BiG later this week for hemming__ if i get a chance i'll take a side by side photo of the 1108C vs 1108XX just for comparison.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Nice one BM , id love to have BIG on my doorstep :)

Funny gordon saying its the same denim , I inquired about the 0105 contest jeans when they were on sale and explained to Gordon that I already had the 15.5xx denim and he told me that they were different denim . Are you still wearing the contest jeans ? You had some really nice contrast on yours

yeah, man,  i still wear 'em ... & will keep wearing until i can no longer squeeze in. 

they're on ongoing "cameo" appearance slot in my rotation.

SD1 for a good clean, slim fit .... but now, 4yrs+ after,  i wish i TTSed so i can enjoy them longer. 

yeah, nowadays, i'm future-sizing to counter age & gravity  ;)

edit: 

i'll double check w/Gordon w/rgds to the 1108C vs XX denim.  maybe, he din't have the XX in stock yet when you asked him.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Thanks for your advice on these Flash, my first Full Counts and even though I own a lot of good denim, I'm really impressed with these, both cut and fabric-wise, especially considering the price I got them for (less than the advertised one!). I'd been led to expect great things from Full Count and these do not disappoint at all. Now I just need to get rid of the kanji!

As apposed to Superfuture-sizing which would equate to, borderline male castration.  :D

Over the past year or two, it seems like people at sufu (at least those that still post) are moving away from the nut crunching, sized down two, skinny tapered fit.  Seems like people are less afraid of washing their jeans too.  Both are steps in the right direction!    

Over the past year or two, it seems like people at sufu (at least those that still post) are moving away from the nut crunching, sized down two, skinny tapered fit.  Seems like people are less afraid of washing their jeans too.  Both are steps in the right direction!    

You make a good point. However, I feel that age and demographic determine how people whear their denim and furthermore, influences to some extent the attitudes surrounding fit, denim and its function etc. At a glance it would appear as though younger, and generally speaking new-comers that gravitate towards brands like NF, or the like still hold on to this idea. An ideal fit in such a niche, from what I can tell, translates to some variation of my previous jest. 

I just read a lot of variations of post like, "I want a slim jean that looks like this (picture of a slimish dude wearing fitted jawnz). Often, and I know this is not always the case, you have guys that simply have no sense of what works with their body type i.e. big dudes wearing really fitted pants or tiny guys wearing traditional work wear in a size too large or an unflattering cut.

• 3 weeks later...

Telgip - I don't have experience with the Type I jacket but I have tried on the 13.75oz Type II. The sizing between the two as provided on the Fullcount website looks very similar. In the Type II, I took a size 38 and the fit was spot-on. For reference, I wear size 40 Flat Head Shirts and 42 Flat Head tees (so generally garments with 39-40" chest and 17-18" shoulders). 

Hope that helps.