Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

hello Gnome,

I actually tried the 0105 and 1101 this weekend - both in a size 33. I measure 34. Well, I say I do, but see here - waist measured

Some observations; the 0105 felt huge! It's not readily apparent from a lot of images, but perhaps the closest I can find how they fitted me is the product page from Move Clothing on Rakuten

http://global.rakute...ing/item/j043a/

I haven't ever tried those SDA-101 so I can't compare, in fact I haven't tried any '50s lot, but with the 0105 it did surprise me how roomy the thighs were. Top of my thigh is about 23½" and mid thigh 21½" I think - there were bags of space in these. I like a roomier jean but for the cut didn't quite work.

Then I tried the 1101. Now supposedly it is the same top block, however I noticed a definite difference. Overall if felt a closer cut with a shade lower rise. Thighs were better, perfect in fact - however I like straight leg - these did have some significant taper which would be made more apparent with their soak, the hem shrinking, and then the hips pushing the lower block back out. We measured the rise and in actual fact it came in at a shade under 11¾" - the 0105 was 12".

What would have been perfect would have been the 1101 with a straight leg and the longer rise of the 0105!

I'd possibly suggest that you might not need to size up one from the 1108 if that's what you are thinking. Both cuts I would suggest offer a roomier block and hip. Get Kanako to measure you up a 1101 for the waist, hip and rise before ordering a 0105 - his measurement were bang on that he gave me for the Denime he sold me. It might help you weigh it up.

Ive been meaning to comment on this for a while but kept getting distracted. Based on the measurements of my washed 101's, which are 33, I would probably go for a 32 in the 0105. Dont tell whatever123, but based on one wash measurements, Full Counts seem to run about 1 size larger than tagged. I need another pair of jeans like I need herpes, but the denim of Full Count is something else. Im loving the relaxed fit of the 101's. Id love to have a similar pair of FCs to match

fuck, im talking myself into ordering a pair of 0105's I really gotta chill on this denim thing, I have 3 pairs that deserve wear already. But I was looking at my 1108's last night and after wearing them for a few weeks, the denim morphed into something out of this world. I need a pair of Full Counts. Right?

how does the 15.5oz XX denim compare to the standard 13.7 in terms of texture?

fuck it, I might just go TTS on a pair of 1101's like I should have done from day 1

Edited by garden gnomes in space

the 15.5oz is noticeably thicker to the touch and starts out with more texture, the colour is also darker

i posted some comparison pics a few weeks ago in here so they could be more helpful

hope you do get a pair mate , we realy need more fullcount wearers around here

Yea Maynard, thats why Im sitting at my desk twitching uncontrollably. I should be reasonable and wait a bit, but being reasonable is overrated.

Their thigh measurements are a bit weird though on the 0105's. seem way to slim.

nice one gnome!

I checked out those measurements - presumably you're meaning from AND - while on spec the 1101 thigh might look narrower than the 0105 I'm not so sure that it is. The difference could be attributed to marginal difference in angle of measurement or cutting or sewing, I mean these are not mass produced factory jeans we're talking about here and every pair could be just that little bit different plus also those are one-wash measurements and so the denim might just have reacted that little bit differently under the wash /dry conditions... Anyway as I say unless anyone who owns both can comment, when I tried both on in raw state the 0105 felt mahooosive compared to same size 1101. Wider hip perhaps.

Eagerly awaiting your fit pics. Kanako / AND / Japan EMS got my jeans to me super quick.

yea, the and-japan's thigh measurement for a once washed 32 0105xx is like 12.2", which is almost an entire inch difference than OkayamaDenim's measurements of the standard 0105. Based on the raw measurements, I doubt the 0105 loses more than an inch in the thigh. I sent a clarification email to Kanako, will see what the reply is.

**edit I guess the 0105xx is cut differently than the normal 0105? Whatever, I can do a 12.2" thigh, but I hope its not quite that slim.

Having looked at the measurements for the 0105XX on the Full Count website, the thigh does look narrower than the standard version. Eager to see how they fit Garden Knomes.

hey, Im having a moment. can you post a link to their site? I cant seem to google it...

edit** nevermind, got it. I google "Full Count Jp" and it pops right up. Full Count Denim, forget about it.

I was kind of hoping for a bigger thigh measurement, but we will see. I git them raw, so maybe a cold soak is in order before they see any hot water

Gnomes, I'm looking forward to seeing how your 0105xx's fit. I've been keen on a pair for sometime, but you don't see too many pairs posted here and I'm not sure how the cut will look on someone of my size. I think you are about my size (your Roys are 33, right?), so it will be a good frame of reference, and maybe you will inspire me to pick up a pair as well!

yea, im a 33 in ROY's. I just measured my '47 501, and the thigh is 12.2". My Roy's are about 12.6" and my SDA 101 are at 13". I was hoping for a 12.75 thigh from the 0105's, but at least I know I can pull off a 12.2 comfortably. Ill def. post up some pics when they get here, as well as measurements