Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

wow, those look very nice; will you be soaking them anytime soon? would love to see some fit pictures.

if they don't work out, lmk since they are my size ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Super nice fit Paul T. how did you size?

That's real praise coming from you! It's what I always wear, 32. They're maybe a tiny bit skinnier than my SDA in 32, or my 47LVC that were 33, actual size, before soak. I tried on the washed versions first. Then, as I mentioned, I got these super-shortened, about three inches less than I normally get.

I think they'd look better riding an inch lower on your waist Paul. I know with my 1108s there was where I wanted the waist to ride, and where the cut wanted it to go. I was more comfortable with it high, but it looked better low. So... I sold 'em!

Agreed, part of the fascination of denim is how the different cuts are worn by the wearer. I really like that Paul T has gone for a 60s dynamic and has had them shortened for that very reason. I think the look is perfect. Its not simply somebody wearing a pair of jeans, its putting together a look (no dig at setterman or bm either - I like setterman's looks too).

no argument there.

some near repro/repro cuts like my PRPS '55, SC '47 & SD 101, i tend to wear high up on the waist. not only cuz they were meant to be worn that way, but also it felt/wear better that way ... "like water seeking its level".

it's how particular cut sits [comfortably] on one's body__ personal taste & sense of style also comes into play. when you're comfortable, you feel confident__ when you feel confident, you don't give a fcuk__ when you achieve nonchalance, the "the look" kicks in__ Paul T mosdef got the look.

Edited by BrownMetallic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...