Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

it is my understanding that you can now order from any store on Rakuten, even when the store itself does not ship internationally. The item(s) will be proxied by Rakuten. check the explanation on the site>

dude, pull the trigger. this is a superb jean.

after yesterday's slave-work. a wash was necessary so i could still rock the jeans this weekend. so wash #28 is a wrap.

i asked gordon about the caste on the FC denim(1108 specifically), and here was his reply(he actually replied months ago, but the e-mail slipped by me):

Hi Salaam,

Sorry for the late reply, the info@blueingreen... email account has been having problems. The caste on the regular 1108’s is somewhat green with tinges of red as well. The faded pairs I’ve seen are about the same, hints of green and red.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon Heffner

Blue In Green LLC

NY NY 10013

• 3 months later...
dude, pull the trigger. this is a superb jean.

after yesterday's slave-work. a wash was necessary so i could still rock the jeans this weekend. so wash #28 is a wrap.

I certainly pulled the trigger on some 1108s the other day. i'm getting them tomorrow. can't wait, I'm hoping that this is THE fit for the next year or so. I'm confident that they will be.

I certainly pulled the trigger on some 1108s the other day. i'm getting them tomorrow. can't wait, I'm hoping that this is THE fit for the next year or so. I'm confident that they will be.

the 1108s are in a phase of temporary retirement due to my involvement in the Denime 2-year contest. plus i can't wear them @ work, since some of the holes have yet to be repaired, and my brown skin will show through which is a company no-no. they are now @ 11 months daily wear,40 washes. the fit is great, just don't size down too much. once a jean is on a certain eschelon it can be considered in the ''arguably the best jean'' conversation. fullcount is certainly one of those.;). like gordon once said to me, there is nothing ''better/superior'' between fullcount and warehouse, evisu, SdA, denime. they are all @ the highest level of jeans, it's just the details and some of the ethos in the minds of the makers themselves that separate them. i'm high and ranting, let me stop here...

dose if anyone know if the ww2 fullcount's use the same denim as the contest jeans?

i hope so because im thinking of ordering a pair of the ww2's and love the contest jean's denim

Different denim (I am assuming you're talking about the 1100-09 model). The WWII model uses 15oz organic zimbabwe denim. I believe the cotton is brown or tea color instead of white. You are lucky if you still can find a pair in your size. I think Fullcount only produced 200 pairs.

The caste on the regular 1108’s is somewhat green with tinges of red as well. The faded pairs I’ve seen are about the same, hints of green and red.

If u mix green and red together, dont you make brownish colour?

i believe he mentioned a purple tinge under certain light over the phone.what i posted was a direct quote from gordon's reply to my e-mail. as far as i know all fullcount jeans are made of organic zimbabwe cotton. from what i know miki-san buys his cotton in small batches when needed.

the 1108s are in a phase of temporary retirement due to my involvement in the Denime 2-year contest. plus i can't wear them @ work, since some of the holes have yet to be repaired, and my brown skin will show through which is a company no-no. they are now @ 11 months daily wear,40 washes. the fit is great, just don't size down too much. once a jean is on a certain eschelon it can be considered in the ''arguably the best jean'' conversation. fullcount is certainly one of those.;). like gordon once said to me, there is nothing ''better/superior'' between fullcount and warehouse, evisu, SdA, denime. they are all @ the highest level of jeans, it's just the details and some of the ethos in the minds of the makers themselves that separate them. i'm high and ranting, let me stop here...

I only sized down 1. I got em this morning. They fit perfect pre-soak. I'm sure they'll fit even better post. Makes me regret missing out on the start of the contest now haha.

Pics later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Fullcount's Made in China jeans with Chinese cotton. Half the price of MIJ models.

http://www.fullcount.co.jp/blog/2010/03/top-secretfinal-season.html

Miki-san's explanation

http://www.fullcount.co.jp/tsujita/2010/03/post-77.html

If T5 carries them I will definitely cop. Not doubting the quality of the denim, it's just the needlework that is a bit worrying. I had a pair of made in China evisu and the stitchings are absolutely crappy. I have much better expectations for the fullcounts though