Interest check: Amsterdam Meet up

Amsterdam meet up?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Amsterdam meet up?

• ja gezellig!
    • Nee, flikker op met je internet community shit, geek!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should go shopping during the day, just because that's the speciality of superfuture, and that would also be fun for people that are coming from other countries. Eat something, and then go out during the evening?

I'm all for the getting drunk part. Any friday/saturday in August seems good so we can cater to the foreign visitors. Colin should definitely attend as part of his [highlight]inburgeringscursus[/highlight]. But where to meet? ARC? P-King? BEP? Wolvenstraat? Het Paleis? Just some suggestions..

And I hope Andreas will be stopping by.

I'm all for the getting drunk part. Any friday/saturday in August seems good so we can cater to the foreign visitors. Colin should definitely attend as part of his inburgeringcursus. But where to meet? ARC? P-King? BEP? Wolvenstraat? Het Paleis? Just some suggestions..

And I hope Andreas will be stopping by.

How about the meetingpoint at the central station? International members don't really know these places, and they'll probably arrive in Amsterdam at the CS.

Or we should buy some crayons and draw arrows on the ground that lead to the meetingpoint. Ha! The superquest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, hanging out was difficult too. Me and Cotton Duck tried to set something up, but I kept missing him.

Well the last time I was here, I did not get a chance to go to the Anne Frank house, which I wanted to do. So, I went there.

The one place I really enjoyed was the Stedelijk Museum in the old post office building. I'm a graphic design student and a fan of modern art, so I really liked the stuff in there especially the video paintings, since I've made a couple myself.

Purchase wise .. I dropped by Patta, but nothing caught my eye there. Last year I got a couple pairs of sneakers from them so I figured I'd drop by again but nothing caught my eye.

But I did get an APC t-shirt and a CDG t-shirt at Margariet Nannigs, they were having sale, there was some nice stuff still in there so I'd suggest dropping by if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend if mine has invited me to a party where people all dress up, the weirder, the better. I've got no idea where it is (only that it's in Amsterdam) or what to expect, but if any superfutureduchies are going, I'll be dressed as a ninja-ish warrior and will be wearing Japanese clogs (geta), a dungaree and a 'my neighbour Totoro' t-shirt.

^haha! The party was awesome, but I don't know if I'll be going again! There were guys(including a friend of mine) that wore heels and people went totally crazy! Bas Kosters was the DJ, the music was cool. I actually kicked someone with my awesome geta and ran away, it was crazy.

I don't know for sure yet, but I'll be going to Club 8 tomorrow (friday the 31st). If anybody's interested, please PM me, and we'll chill somewhere, eat pancakes on the Rozengracht (always wanted to eat there), or whatever. I have an introductionday tomorrow too (I'll be going to The Gerrit Rietveld academy), so I might invite other people with me, it'll be fun!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...