best fitting T?

eddyz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like tees from Polo in terms of length, sleeve length, thickness of fabric, and general cut. They have a good feel from the get-go, and for some reason the feel (softness, comfort level) doesn't depreciate much and it lasts for a long time. Ofcourse as with many graphic tees, some of the graphics are shoddy/dumb so I stay with basics stuff or just wear it underneath other clothing items. This excludes the Polo pocket ts which is one of the most awkward looking thing out on the market.

One problem I do have with Polo Ts is that I don't really care for the ribbing around the neck - i think the ribbing strip is just not in right proportion to the rest of the T - at least in my view. and the neck opening may be bit too big.

I also wear the basic white crew neck polo Ts for work - the cut is nice to wear underneath button down shirts, the length is the strongest selling point as it has enough length to be tucked in.

I'm broad in the shoulder, narrow at the hip, and 6'6". I'm basically fucked as far as T's go. What I have found to work is buying an XL AA shirt and doing a hot wash/dry on it 4-5 times... It almost fits then. If I get a L AA shirt, then it is nice in the shoulders and a little loose in the torso, but the second you cold wash it, it becomes a medium. Beware of the AA shrinkage!

The costco shirts that I have purchased have been pretty damn good. They've survived about a year of washing.

i was wondering if anyone's had experience with alternative apparel tees. i remember seeing them at a trade show a couple years back and they looked pretty nice. similar to american apparel but a little thicker. i was thinking about buying a couple but i'm unsure about the size. i buy medium in american apparel and h&m because of shrinkage.

just dont buy h&m basic tees. i swear the two i bought died after 1 wash. shitty stuff. go american apparel

i dont know if you wash your stuff in acid but my shirts are fine. compared to AA which is x 4 the price almost, id gladely take it. the fit is spot on too, perfect at the shoulders good on ym rib cage, and not too long (at least for my body). im referring to the divided line btw.

• 2 months later...

American Apparel, free shipping on orders 50$ or more to anywhere in Canada. Great if your going to buy a couple shirts, heck why not buy some undies aswell. Heh, I only bought a Hoodie and briefs from them so I cant suggest anything on sizing for the tees, but, on each product page theres a "reviews" link, click on that and read what ppl say. usually fit is mentioned on most posts.

I like tees from Polo in terms of length, sleeve length, thickness of fabric, and general cut. They have a good feel from the get-go, and for some reason the feel (softness, comfort level) doesn't depreciate much and it lasts for a long time. Ofcourse as with many graphic tees, some of the graphics are shoddy/dumb so I stay with basics stuff or just wear it underneath other clothing items. This excludes the Polo pocket ts which is one of the most awkward looking thing out on the market.

One problem I do have with Polo Ts is that I don't really care for the ribbing around the neck - i think the ribbing strip is just not in right proportion to the rest of the T - at least in my view. and the neck opening may be bit too big.

I also wear the basic white crew neck polo Ts for work - the cut is nice to wear underneath button down shirts, the length is the strongest selling point as it has enough length to be tucked in.

very very true about the pocket t's.

I would say supreme t's fit really nicely.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=30173

Check that thread for more options/opinions.

AA is only good if you order wholesale. I buy all my tees at outlets. You can get Polo, Banana Republic, Gap and Eddie Baur blanks for mad cheap. I picked up 2 tees from Polo, BR and Eddie Baur for 9 bucks a pop. I like the fit and material on the Eddie Baur ones the best actually.

Check lands end blanks for good stuff too....believe it or not.