adsurgo's denim project

adsurgo

back pocket stitiching or no?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. back pocket stitiching or no?

• back pocket stitching
    • no back pocket stitching

...so im going to do the project myself.

people have been talking about doing this forever and nothing has ever happened. i really want this to happen and it seems like others do too so im going to try to get this shit done. for anyone who doesnt know, i am working on a line of my own so i have all the contacts i need already.

__this is the run down....

im hoping that we can get between 40- 100 people for this. im not going to pick anything. i want all the people here to design everything. any type of embroidering and tabs will have to be group voted on after suggestions, as well as a fit. i hope some people will be able to submit some ideas for leather patches and tags so we can use good designs for those too.

____payment should be around 90- 135 dollars depending on the denim we use. and heres why...

-cut and sew will be about 40- 60 depending on exact designs and stitching and whatnot because we will have to do sample prices since it will be such a small number of pairs and i wont settle for anything made outside of the US.

-patches, tags, tabs, etc will be about 20- 25 all together

-denim ranges between $3 - 8 per yard and well need about 3 yards each for one pair of selvage jeans.

-shipping the fabric to me, to the plant, back to me, and to you will be a ton.

-plus some money for pattern grading and any other little stuff like that.

_this is the thing... the money would need to get to me beforehand since all of my money now is invested into bills, living, and my personal endeavors. this obviously requires a great deal of trust and if i have to i will give everyone who pays me my full name and address and everyone who paypals me will already have that information as well as the ability to report me and get their money back.

_also, if i estimate a number and we end up paying less, i will definitely refund you however much it may be. i am not looking to make any money at all off of this (however if anyone wants to add a few dollars to payment I would greatly appreciate it). same goes for going over budget, i hope and expect that everyone will give me the few dollars back seeing as ill have to end up fronting it myself.

__the return time should be around 1 and a half to a little under 2 months assuming everything goes as planned and i get paid by everybody on time. this probably wont happen perfectly as planned so im going to say a good time to shoot for should be a little over two months - 2 and a half. i will keep everyone updated as people get back to me and i get information from the mill, ups, full service facility, patch and tag makers, etc.

__i would like to start ASAP because i leave for tour with my band in a little over a month. depending on how that goes i will probably need payment either right before or right after (early/mid july or mid/ late august). if i get payment beforehand i will be able to work with everyone from the road. i have an internet capable pocket pc and will be around computers most days so i dont think this will effect much besides the handling. as far as that goes, i have a close friend and some family who is more than willing to do all the handling and whatnot.

____options/ ideas for denim are as follows.....

-some things from cone that i have samples of lying in my basement (first batch of pictures. sorry for the bad quality, theyre from a phone. ill get better pictures soon).

-some things from a thai mill that i have pictures and swatches of (batch two of pictures. i dont see anything too great in most of these).

-ive recently acquired contacts for kaihara and kuroki ( i assume this is what everyone will be wanting so give me some ideas as far as denim type and ill see what i can get).

(picture batches are in the following posts...)

please remember everything i am showing you are just ideas and i am open to finding whatever denim that would be wanted.

i am super excited for this. i would love for everyone to post ideas and information whenever they can, as i will be doing the same. i plan on making a ton of updates.

i am so happy that all these other projects are going on and if this happens it will make me that much more ecstatic to be be a part of this board and community.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGAIN...SORRY FOR THE BAD QUALITY PICTURES, THEYRE FROM A PHONE. ILL GET BETTER PICTURES SOON.

__picture batch 1 CONE

-very nice and streaky

-black line selvage

-i believe its around 14 ounces and supima cotton (im not sure. if people are interested i can find out exact details.)

hhhhhhhhhh005kj5.jpg

hhhhhhhhhh006gq6.jpg

hhhhhhhhhh007qc6.jpg

WEFT

hhhhhhhhhh008ds7.jpg

-15 ounces

-red line selvage

hhhhhhhhhh001hj2.jpg

hhhhhhhhhh003ub0.jpg

WEFT

hhhhhhhhhh004jq2.jpg

-13.5 ounces?

-slubby and weird (random colored slubs in the denim). i believe that is because it has tweed filler

-this denim i have is open-end/ wide loom but they make a selvage version of it, although im not sure what the solor of the selvage is.

39031460ag6.jpg

33dj6.jpg

my 2 cents:

Can we not make the fit a straight repro? I think we have enough sources available for the "authentic" stuff.

I think I'd prefer something that fades greencast, as far as fabric goes.

Weight-wise, 14-15 oz I think is great. 12 is alittle more towards the fashiony side, I think it'd be great if we could have a rough and tough wearing jean that just fits great and ages well. That cone stuff actually looks pretty promising.

Tab and Patch wise, I don't have anything specific, but we have to rep SuFu somehow, right...? Green tab with SuFu written on it?

my 2 cents:

Can we not make the fit a straight repro? I think we have enough sources available for the "authentic" stuff.

+1 that's why I would prefer Cone denim on this one. Also I think a New Standardy cut would be good, with a bit higher rise...

I suggest a dior style cut and a Repro cut

there are 2 camps here at sufu. the "repro camp" and the "modern camp."

this is a perfect oppurtunity to explore both,

Im not sure if that would require making two threads for for handling the interested parties.

just my 2 cents.

I myself would prefer a dior style cut with the green tab of course.

I'm up for slim straight, green sufu tab, and a simple arcuate (the new oni ones don't look too bad).

I'm down with this guy. The green tab and simple arcuate would be a real nice detail.

Oh, and some pairs in 36 length would be sick too. I'm 6'1 and like some stacking action.

KMW rocker cut repro!

Its gonna be a tough call to satisfy everyone...especially since there are lots of skinny-jean fans here, and then there are the guys who don't fit into the skinny jeans who like the looser repros.

I think the poll idea would be suitable...one for the denim, one for the cut...maybe one for the back pockets. Sounds like the tab is settled.

Guest StuckOnStupid

or maybe suFu, like the big E?

and 2 deloreans pulling apart a pair of jeans on the patch.

can we have lasers involved somehow?