SUPREME frus

rakis

Maybe someone out there can help.....

I have a really good friend going up to New York in a couple of weeks and I naturally asked him to check out the Supreme store.

However, I require some help on a question that has really been bugging me for a while now. I went into Hideout in London and was just shocked at the price of the Supreme T-shirts and bags.

I am quite sure that I was told not too long ago that a Supreme T-shirt actually retails for about US$25 instore and it is the internet that has caused the price to shoot upwards to close to US$100 in some cases. I saw the Supreme 16th bag in Hideout and its almost £130. I was also told that this price is only a little higher than the instore price in New York.

Can some please tell me what is going on? I've liked the NWA T-shirt very much (due to being sentimental about listening to them in my youth) but the prices asked on the internet as well as the fear of fakes has not allowed me to get it yet.

So before I send my mate off to New York to but stuff from Supreme, can someone please explain/enlighten me on prices to expect and the purchase policy in the store? (I was told you are only allowed to buy two items per vist and there is a long queue to just get in the store - true or urban myth?)

If you got this far, thanks for reading....

hello:

The prices in UK is different from stateside, not just for supreme, but with the majority of brands.

Supreme tees from the nyc store should be about US$24 pre-tax, while the backpacks about US$120 (may be wrong here, since i'm going by the previous pack) and the sweaters are about US$90.

If you are searching for the nwa tee, its no longer in the shops. Queues have become the mandatory sight outside the store and the purchase policy myth generally differs with staff discretion.

peace,

simon

If you are shopping in the UK with an american dollar mindset, just remeber that things will cost you almost double. although the numerical values are similar to prices of products in the US, the dollar to quid ratio is about 1.8USD to 1.00GBP.

If i remeber correctly, supreme tees at hideout were 35 quid (about a whopping $70). On my last trip to NYC last summer, tees were between $25 and $32. peace.

Edited by edwin on Apr 28, 2004 at 01:35 AM

• 2 weeks later...