My First Designer Manbag

kauflust

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you're on a fashion message board?

Anyway, I like 'em. Although as stated, there are tons to choose from with a lot of them having different uses and looks. I really like the Jas Mb traveller bags, something like a carry all, that I can take on long weekend trips and not have to carry some suitcase. Another item I think would be quite useful (atleast for myself) is a portfolio case/carry, I think Mulberry makes a nice one and it doesn't hurt to have that extra professionalism 'look'.

Mulberry portfolio

mulberryfolio.jpg

totally agree with goldengloves...

i personally think margiela makes some great bags, artisanal ones or not.

collection privee?

jas mb

jack spade

raf simons

herve chapalier (if you wanna look slightly different from the eastpak crowd and the quality is really not too bad, although french boys and girls themselves carry eastpaks!)

i think none of the above look or feel gay at all.

i have seen jude laws or hidetoshi tanaka carrying balenciagas and LVs and they dont look gay as well.

so i think it all depends on the person.

Are those straps and buckles painted on?

Well, it's called a trompe l'oeil, so it's supposed to be an illusion of a treasure box.

I dunno, Paul Smith has a lot of strange designs on its bags.

Anyway, ditto on denimAddict's MM comment. Their bags are great.

totally agree with goldengloves...

i personally think margiela makes some great bags, artisanal ones or not.

collection privee?

jas mb

jack spade

raf simons

herve chapalier (if you wanna look slightly different from the eastpak crowd and the quality is really not too bad, although french boys and girls themselves carry eastpaks!)

i think none of the above look or feel gay at all.

i have seen jude laws or hidetoshi tanaka carrying balenciagas and LVs and they dont look gay as well.

so i think it all depends on the person.

jack spade bags are the gayest most gay gay gay bags ever. just go to chelsea!

i just realized that this is a probably a great time to pick up good "man bags" right now on ebay, etc. for cheap as a lot of people now are probably buying them and either not secure enough to use them or they live in the suburbs and realize that they don't need them, so they are re-selling them for a lot less than retail. (I've seen some Helmut Lang and Raf Simons pieces on ebay that sold for only for 25% of retail approx) but on the other hand if you check out the Barney's website, they have a huge inventory of good to excellent bags for sale online. cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have things i need to carry around from time to time, and then i decided to go back to college, so good old jansport does it for me. I had a heavy duty REI and northface backpacks but they are too large. I didnt really like the single-band type of backpacks either..... but my jansport performs all the duties of school bad and man purse.

I already carry a laptop bag for work but will definitely consider a man bag, however, I also have a compendium and that's too large to fit in a bag.

It's horrible to see many people in suits carrying backpacks (fitness first) or Country Road carry bags. Just doesn't suit.

i'm considering selling my Supreme scatterweave bag to pick this bitch up... I'm really, really in love with this particular bag, but can't decide between black ballistic nylon orrrrrrr grey flannel:

4po4i6r.jpg

I already carry a laptop bag for work but will definitely consider a man bag, however, I also have a compendium and that's too large to fit in a bag.

It's horrible to see many people in suits carrying backpacks (fitness first) or Country Road carry bags. Just doesn't suit.

i have to disagree, although I dress with a mixture of streetwear and business, i find it enjoyable and expressive to be able to use whats functional and stylish. I usually dont wear coat, but i'll still have on a funky jansport with my business attire just to spurce it up

i'm considering selling my Supreme scatterweave bag to pick this bitch up... I'm really, really in love with this particular bag, but can't decide between black ballistic nylon orrrrrrr grey flannel:

4po4i6r.jpg

Wow, grey flannel looks great. What brand?

Acme Made.

very slim profile, the cargo pocket in front has compartments for a cell phone, business cards, pens, laptop accessories, etc.

the inside is lined with quilted satin, and the back of the bag features a

portfolio pocket for documents, receipts, magazines, etc.

I have this Cloak man-bag that I use a lot. The construction on it is incredible. I keep my phone charger, issues of my magazines, business cards, sunglasses, all sorts of crap in it. I think I'm a little bit beyond the point of caring if anyone thinks I'm a gay. I mean I DO post on this forum...

cloakbag.jpg

ONCE YOU GET A MURSE YOU'LL NEVER GO BACK!

On those unfortunate occaisions where you just get stuck with lots of random crap (especially things like a camera, keys, Ipod, markers/paint or maybe a bottle of Malt Liquor) a little murse is worth all the bull shit you may get.

I made myself a little one from canvas I took from my schools art room and its a nice suplement for my bigger mesenger bag.

I've been made fun of for having one a few times, but I fuck 'em.

...Oh high school.