My First Designer Manbag

kauflust

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of you guys need to chill the fuck out. i know i always get out of my car with a hand full of shit and wish i had a bag to dump it all in. if you think carrying a bag makes you a pussy, that's just lack of security with your sense of masculinity.

The bag in the pic is pretty feminine, but man bags in terms of over the shoulder or day bags are fine. I hate cramming my pockets and carrying stuff around in a Nike shoe bag is too chav. The only problem with the majority of them is that they covered in uneccessary zips, buttons, etc. I prefer something subtle like the Dunhill Sidecar (http://www.dunhill.com/en/leathergoods)

Haven't made up my mind on totes yet. Liking them, but don't think they're "appropriate" in the UK yet...

Club monaco has some nice leather totes in black and a very cool grey colour. As well, I ran into the cobranake this weekend and he was full on carrying a LV purse to throw his items in.

P.S. Tragic, when will your blog be back up?

I'm pretty sure I've seen Mark Hunter around Los Angeles wearing a full on LV kit. Belt with matching fanny pack, etc. The works.

SENDkyl, the site will be up shortly. I'm just a huge pile lately.

• 3 weeks later...

i use this bag quite sometimes ...

bag.jpg

since im doing a design course n i have to carry lot of stuff to uni (ruler, print outs, folder, journal, laptop).., this bag is really helpfull...

M ONE 11

AU$80

also got some messenger bag from bally <--- my 1st designer manbag

I've been using this bag for work for I think the last 5 or so years. It's durable, understated and actually fits quite a fair bit despite it's slim profile.

PRADA_Saffiano-Travel-02.jpg

PRADA_Saffiano-Travel-03.jpg

PRADA_Saffiano-Travel-04.jpg

PRADA_Saffiano-Travel-05.jpg

I've also been using another carry-on for travel but it's too bulky so I have this waiting for me (A friend went to Paris recently and picked it up for me there. Cost works out to be 50% of what I would've paid had I bought it in Australia).

Gucci_Carry-on-Duffel.jpg

6byo6yc.jpg

my man purse lol .... i get alot of ish from my girlfriend and friends but i dont care

its the damier pouchette .... I also own the backpack and looking to buy the damier messenger bag

i see no need for a mans pockets to be STUFFED with ish , or your girlfriend complaining about holding your stuff in her bag you probably bought for her

I have a cheap-o Perry Ellis ballistic nylon messenger bag that I use around town when I don't want to carry a backpack

510G20M6B0L._AA280_.jpg

41971X5S3RL._AA280_.jpg

41ESFGR45VL._AA280_.jpg

It works quite well. The construction is solid, and there are a bunch of compartments for pens, cell phone, and other small trinkets. It is big enough to carry anything I might need, and small enough to fit in my desk drawer at work. Win win.

its the damier pouchette ....

positive rep for not caring what you look like, neg rep for carrying something with such a lame name + trying to get a matching backpack + not using your gf to carry your junk when you are with her (that's what they are for).

anyways I just bought a Filson duffle bag, the manly leather straps and waxed canvas turns me on. I haven't gotten it in hand yet but depending on the feel and how it wears, I may also get a smaller messenger bag from them as well.

edit: i see you already own the backpack and want a messenger bag = another neg rep.