usa :: portland :: general

cureOne

If anyones ladies looking to score a good sale, seams to fit in NW is having their superbowl sale all weekend.

High end consignment. Luxury and designer brands.

(disclaimer-my spirit family owns it)

Nice. An old girlfriend. Katie used to work there for awhile.

Edited by M.O.A

business trip tomorrow by myself. staying in Downtown. where should I eat?

Eating solo at Cylde Common has always been pleasant for me. Gruner is also rock solid. Higgins is old school in the bar, in the best way. Ping down in Old Town is fun--good drinks and Asian street food style. Oven & Shaker for pizza and good cocktails. Riffle for killer seafood.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, that is a very central location. Close to art museum, waterfront area, "west end" (tanner goods/woodlands), pearl district, good restaurants/bars, etc. I would also suggest heading over to SE to check out some other neighborhoods if this will be your first time...

anyone been to township & range on hawthorne? just opened, heard their burger is worth hollering at.

Biwa is servin their burger all day friday night.

Also, trying to find a good bday spot to bring the fam of 6 - that takes reservations. Trying ox, but some conflicts, any other suggestions for a hearty 30th bday meal? Ive done laurelhurst, st jack, pigeon, little bird, nostrana ect....

What am i missing?

Edited by EG562

anyone been to township & range on hawthorne? just opened, heard their burger is worth hollering at.

Also, trying to find a good bday spot to bring the fam of 6 - that takes reservations. Trying ox, but some conflicts, any other suggestions for a hearty 30th bday meal? Ive done laurelhurst, st jack, pigeon, little bird, nostrana ect....

What am i missing?

Does your family really like food? If so, you should hit D.O.C. It's pretty stellar.

Not for nothing, but have you been to the "old standbys?" Wildwood, Higgins', Paley's Place? They got their reputations for a reason, though I admit I've not eaten at any of those three in the last year...

my friend lives off hawthorne, so i've driven past a couple times and i'm thinking we're going to go within a week or so. i'll let you guys know what's up.

Edited by poldylocks

• 2 weeks later...

Not for nothing, but have you been to the "old standbys?" Wildwood, Higgins', Paley's Place? They got their reputations for a reason, though I admit I've not eaten at any of those three in the last year...

Kiya goes to Higgins every time he visits. Says it is fucking legit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Driving 1300 km to hang out in Portland for a few days with the lady and a couple of hounds. Staying at the Ace, plan to eat and drink a bit of beer. Have a short list of places but if anyone has a preferred brewery, place to take dumb fuzzball pooches or spend too much on  ladies clothes I'm all ears. I have a pretty good idea where I want to go but I'll take suggestions.

Driving 1300 km to hang out in Portland for a few days with the lady and a couple of hounds. Staying at the Ace, plan to eat and drink a bit of beer. Have a short list of places but if anyone has a preferred brewery, place to take dumb fuzzball pooches or spend too much on  ladies clothes I'm all ears. I have a pretty good idea where I want to go but I'll take suggestions.

there are tons of great suggestions in this thread already... just go back and read a few pages.

Yeah, read the last couple of pages. Hence the idea as to where I plan to go as far as food and the obvious leather goods/outdoorsy menswear thing. Outside of Francis May and Seamstofit not sure about the good ladies independents. Also wondering just how pet friendly this city is, seems to be lots of dogs but are there patios ect. they're more welcome? I'd rather not leave them tied to a post or locked in a hotel room. Outside our Deschutes and Old town is there a brewery that is particularly good?

Edit - I've been around since 2006, I get search, reading and not asking things in repeat. I know where to find salty pig and good breakfast, I will be into Tanner tomorrow. This is a slow moving thread and I was asking questions that may help with pets and the fairer sex. Not looking for anyone here to hold my hand all the way to some food cart, just don't belong to any lady forums.

Edited by I_miss_lily

Nice to meet you the other week Mike, although brief. Tanner Goods is a great store, Old town is a great brewer, Portland is a great city. That crazy old western wear store a few blocks from Voodoo doughnuts was like nothing I've ever seen before.