My First Designer Handbag

lufc_girl

Well... help me decide... I've been thinking about the classic Chanel quilted and Chloe Edith (the one shaped like a shopping bag)... The Chanel one is so pretty and elegant but Chloe is more practical as I usually carry the whole house with me... sooo confusing... any other suggestions welcome... :)

Well... help me decide... I've been thinking about the classic Chanel quilted and Chloe Edith (the one shaped like a shopping bag)... The Chanel one is so pretty and elegant but Chloe is more practical as I usually carry the whole house with me... sooo confusing... any other suggestions welcome... :)

I have the classic Chanel one and I love it...Its timeless.

I wanted a chole bag up until I picked one up...its so heavy even when its empty. If you carry plenty of things you're better off with a tote! (Goyard totes)

If you are going to spend that much money you should consider longevity...Chole bags are pretty distinct season to season...whereas Chanel bags are more consistant in design.

Although chanel is fantastic I'd prefer the coco cabas in leather (patent good for everyday ) for a big everyday bag. There is already 08 bags circulating around.

Between the two you mentioned, depending on which quilted bag, I would probably recommend the chloe as you mentioned its more practical...and durable.

Missy,

Please post pictures for some of us not well versed in women's fashion.

Sorry... here we go... The Chloe one in slightly different shape than the one I want

00190m_24.jpg

Chanel One probably will get either Black or Red

050125_170158-7.jpg

Thanks girls for the advice... very much appreciated... :)

Sorry... here we go... The Chloe one in slightly different shape than the one I want

00190m_24.jpg

Chanel One probably will get either Black or Red

050125_170158-7.jpg

Thanks girls for the advice... very much appreciated... :)

Lufc_Girl: Have you made your decision?

I hate Chloe. Lagerfeld, that regressive prick.

And there are way to many fake Chanel bags out there. Even my mom has one.

Time to reconsider.

Lagerfeld isn't at Chloe, hasn't been for years. You hate Chanel? There is fake everything, there are an equal amount of fake Chloe bags. If I were you, I would get the Chloe. The Chanel is a looks more like a evening bag.

Lagerfeld isn't at Chloe, hasn't been for years. You hate Chanel? There is fake everything, there are an equal amount of fake Chloe bags. If I were you, I would get the Chloe. The Chanel is a looks more like a evening bag.

oh he isn't? who is?

I don't "hate chanel" (?). Fake Chanel bags are (at least here they are) almost as common as fake lv monogram bags. There is no point in buying a genuine chanel bag when someone is going to look at it and assume it is fake anyway.

There is no point in buying a genuine chanel bag when someone is going to look at it and assume it is fake anyway.

You can tell the difference when it comes down to it...

Its the fact that YOU know its real and thats all there is.

i don't know... i kinda like the chloe more. i do actually.

i don't see too many chloes. there are alot of chanels out there. and the chloe seems more practical. something you could use with anything you wear, whereas the chanel seems more suitable for dressing up.

Haha this is so funny... I'm asking this same question on another board and Chanel's the winner on that board it seems like Chloe's the winner on here... but someone on the other board said "get the chanel, it's designer it's not supposed to be practical" I like that kind of thinking...

Whichever I ended up buying I will post a pic here eam! Thanks heaps for your input guys!

you have your whole life to buy chanel. The 2.55 design will be there forever. Chloe is funkier, but that Edith bag is way to blah for me. I'd go for a betty or a paddington satchel (not the normal paddington because everyone and their gay hairstylist has one).

If you're going for a hipster/undone/cory kennedy/cobrasnake look, get the chanel and sling it over a ratty vintage dress with beat up gladiator sandals. what look are you going for?

Haha this is so funny... I'm asking this same question on another board and Chanel's the winner on that board it seems like Chloe's the winner on here... but someone on the other board said "get the chanel, it's designer it's not supposed to be practical" I like that kind of thinking...

Let me guess, honestforum?

I hate the branding on the Chanel one so I guess the chloe wins by default.

Whats the price range of both bags anyway

Whichever I ended up buying I will post a pic here eam! Thanks heaps for your input guys!

well of course the Chanel bag isn't practical, no designer handbags are actually worth that much money (shocker, they're all impractical). the thing about the Chanel bag is that it isn't an everday bag, it's an evening bag. if you go to an a-list party every freaking night, then sure, get the chanel, because you'll get more use out of it. but for everyday use.. get the chloe bag.

Obviously the Chloe one is bigger so it'll be more useful for day-to-day usage. But I'd say get the Chanel because it's so classic, will last you years and years, whereas I doubt you'd be using the Chloe bag in a couple of years, or even quite a few years down the line. Plus, all the Chloe bags are so trend-following.. so after a couple seasons you might just get fed up with it. Whereas I doubt you would with the Chanel.

Obviously the Chloe one is bigger so it'll be more useful for day-to-day usage. But I'd say get the Chanel because it's so classic, will last you years and years, whereas I doubt you'd be using the Chloe bag in a couple of years, or even quite a few years down the line. Plus, all the Chloe bags are so trend-following.. so after a couple seasons you might just get fed up with it. Whereas I doubt you would with the Chanel.

Booooooo Ya!