Job Interview Attire?

Just so you know sale is about to break just about everywhere if it already hasn't. You can get nice suits for $500 on sale. Check the places already mentioned and ask about sale, they'll usually tell you when it is and if they don't leave your name and number and they'll call you when what you want does go on sale.

I have

Hugo Boss

Emporio Armani

Suits and both can be had on sale for around your budget.

emporio is available online now too if you're in the US

http://www.emporioarmani.com/searchResult/toll/P/tskay/3FD17CD7/c/cat_119/areaid/7/layoutType/3/gender/U

I dont think anyone has mentioned tailoring. if the suit fits good in the shoulders and length wise than it shouldnt be very much to take in the sides on the jacket and slim up the pants a little bit. alot of places will tailor it in store for you as well. for some body types tailoring is required to have a perfect fitting suit. nordstroms rack comes to mind for discounted quality stuff. If your only using it for interviewing and will rarely use the suit might as well go h&m.

• 5 months later...
lanvin.jpg

Is this pair a bit over the top for an interview? Should I switch the ribbon to a normal black lace or this is fine?

unless is for a fashion related job, this is way over the top. i would definitely put some normal black lace. Also not sure if these are you pants, but if they are, i would not advise you to wear something this tight for an interview. Your pants should at least cover the first eyelet on your shoes.

unless is for a fashion related job, this is way over the top. i would definitely put some normal black lace. Also not sure if these are you pants, but if they are, i would not advise you to wear something this tight for an interview. Your pants should at least cover the first eyelet on your shoes.

Thanks! Not the pants..just the shoes. It is not a fashion related job. Are patent shoes suitable for interview anyway? Or should I just forget this and wear normal black shoes?

Patent is definitely not suitable for an interview, unless it's maybe a fashion or super creative field. You'll probably come off as eccentric in a bad way, or that you aren't taking the whole thing seriously.

For any normal interviewing situation get a pair of black calfskin balmorals with a plain or cap toe and call it a day.

Dark grey / charcoal suit, probably from brooks brothers or similar, worn a few times already so it doesn't look like its just off the rack but very smart, certainly 100% wool and not cheap H&M polyester blend.

White or blue shirt with a small pattern, simple boring tie, black shoes that are CLEAN (non clean-shoes are horribly obvious). If you are going to wear a double cuff shirt make sure that you wear discreet cuff-links. Your clothes should be smart but utterly forgettable. You should impress but your clothes should simply give off a professional manner.