Best movie theater in Paris ?

eric2019

I like to go catch "Immortel" but in a good theater and not with sub-standard sound and image quality. Can anyone recommand one or more of the following theaters listed below ?

UGC Odeon

UGC George V

Gaumont Parnasse

Gaumont Grand Ecran Italie

Gaumont MK2 Gambetta

UGC Cine=Citi Bercy

UGC Lyon Bastille

Cheers,

What's buggin' my ears now :

Telefon Tel Aviv - Map of What is Worthless

Klute - Fear of People

Sidestepper - 3 am : In Beats We Trust

KLF - White Room

UGC Odeon

not very big

UGC George V

haven't been there in years but probably quite big and modern (but it's in the worst part of Paris)

Gaumont Parnasse

big complex; not sure if all the theaters are as big as the main few; most films are "VO" (original sound with subtitles)

Gaumont Grand Ecran Italie

that means Gaumont Big Screen Italie (place d'Italie) and yeh the screen is large

Gaumont MK2 Gambetta

I don't know that one

UGC Cine=Citi Bercy

modern new big screens ... in a Disneyland-type "village". VO too (i think)

UGC Lyon Bastille

never been there

Yeah, I''ve heard the news on that flick but the eye candy factor is high for me......it'll probably be like Underworld. Looks great in the commerical, sucks big time on film. Gone through IMDB and read some of the reviews but hey, I figured I'm in Paris, but as well go catch it and see what the movie experience is like here.

I actually found this trailer through a Tokyo blog. Also coming out is that Appleseed flick which should be out now in Japan I believe....

e

Klute - Fear of People

KLF - White Room

i haven't seen the film but judging from the trailer it looks awful - incredibly kitsch, cheap 3D.

but do let us know if it's good!

Nope, a beautiful disaster though....

I had a feeling about that from reading forum boards but sometimes I can't resist watching these. They never mention a good portion of this film is CGI characters that don't look very real at all - but I believe the intention was to give it more of a graphic novel/comic book feel which unfortunatley did not work in this context of film. Many situations weren't fully explain and I wish there was more backstory to let us the audience - especially those who didn't follow the books - what the deal was.

e

Klute - Fear of People

KLF - White Room

• 2 weeks later...