Anyone make their own clothes?

fg0d

hey guys, my first post in this thread.... i'd like to know if some of you have some sort of web link or ressource were i can learn about the different kinds of cottons... i see jersey, interlock, and others. i'd like to know what is out there as well as their caracteristics/weights/qualities. i've tried googling but nothing...

thanks in advance.

In the work pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/intelligence/sets/72157603372153408/

As I said, not many pictures and probably not that explaining.

If I make another shirt it'll probably be easier to document.

My sincerest apologises

Pattern on the shirt is niiiiice... damn. Really inspiring.

You must spread some rep around before giving it to qom again... damn.

hey guys, my first post in this thread.... i'd like to know if some of you have some sort of web link or ressource were i can learn about the different kinds of cottons... i see jersey, interlock, and others. i'd like to know what is out there as well as their caracteristics/weights/qualities. i've tried googling but nothing...

thanks in advance.

jersey and interlock are not "a kind of cotton" its just two different ways of knitting the fabric.

Begs, I think dino asked you this but you just pulled a normal halftone on those images right? any tips on quality of the image you use when doing this, I've not really read up on dot-gain and all that shit. Might want to get back to printing things myself but I've not decided yet. Might leave printing to the pros.

Called the store that sells screens and asked them what kind of density the screen should have, and they said I should double whatever LPI I used in the image, and that would give me the density I should use.

I just took an image from flickr for my print, put 300dpi in the bitmap convertion thingie. 35 Lines per CM (using a monitor with 70 in density obviously) Looked good on my screen, so I'm gonna try it!

Has anybody made or modified shoes? i'm interested in making sneakers, but obviously i'm not going to dive straight into making them from scratch... any body with that kind of experience?

I'd probably make a design and find a factory... Otherwise, good luck.

edit: OR.... Make a pattern, cut it out from whatever you want, create the upper, and find a sole to glue it to. Vibram makes really good soles, most cobblers use them. Otherwise, find a factory in Korea or China.

Finally done with the shirt, won't make another one for awhile, that's for sure!

piczzzz

Process pics will be posted next week, don't expect anything extraordinary, lots of gaps, and pics are crappy, well, atleast it's something

The shirt must've taken about as much time as it took me to sew both the t-shirt and the hood x2, no kidding :(

Would rep if i could. That shirt is the great, beautiful one. Somewhat TTA-ish

good! + got invited to work with a special chap who shal remain nameless until shits concreted.. heh

just working on a leather over-bag/pouch thing today

RE: agnes stuff.. its not that bad, the interest+commitments there, just seem a bit pants at sewing+fitting problems, but, that will come with practice... that patchwork sweater would look nice if it was made a bit better

ok this is some clothes i made a couple of months ago, its not perfect, its far from but im still in the learning process

nevermind the "pose" hahah

dscn3226pr9.jpg

heres another older sweater i did, the pics too big to post

http://a435.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_f3b59eb104673db9e941b35a066bbe92.jpg

Do you listen to kylie minogue when you make em Clothes or somethin?

I must admit tho the 2nd black sweater is quite nice. The leggins are.. um.. holographic.

ok this is some clothes i made a couple of months ago, its not perfect, its far from but im still in the learning process

nevermind the "pose" hahah

dscn3226pr9.jpg

heres another older sweater i did, the pics too big to post

http://a435.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_f3b59eb104673db9e941b35a066bbe92.jpg

I ask the same question to you also.. what fabrics did you use in making the over sized sweater? Did the fabric come lined or are they two separate fabrics that you fused/stitched together? I can't imagine it would be easy to find the fabrics you used readily available in your neighborhood craft shop.

Don't worry, the only place where perfect comes before practice is in the dictionary. As you design and stich your own, eventually you will discover your style.

In that case...

agnescecilia should design for the Japanese men

In Japan, it's the men who want to be skinny and cute

From the International Herald Tribune, November 19th, 2007

late pass cause its still funny to throw that article into discussion. just this once though.

but honestly, every time i see that picture, it defines "frute swagz"

if only westie were here to enjoy this.

i miss the big guy.