Anyone make their own clothes?

fg0d

I wanna play too. I know I'm going to try and go to an art school in Seattle after I finish up at this comm. college here but I'm not sure if I want to go into graphic design or fashion design...because either way I'd like to end up working with clothing, but originally meant just prints on things but I'm getting to be more interested in construction lately. I taught myself all I know about graphic design and I think I'm not bad..so maybe I'll play with sewing and stuff to see if I even like it.

My mom used to sew alot of stuff, I think she had some job that required it, she's good so hopefully she can teach me not to suck.

• 2 weeks later...
qom, next time you make something, could you take the time to take some photos of the process for the noobs?

will +rape.

Sure!

I don't sew everything back at home, since I'm attending a sewing class, but I will try to remember to snap some pictures when I sew at home.

Next project will be a shirt, not sure if that is interesting though?

• 2 weeks later...

soon i will be able to play here too... i'm in the midst of completing a 15 piece range for college - due in about a week and presented at a fashion show the following week. range consists of patent leather trench, patent poncho type thing, perforated leather biker jacket, raw denims, coated denims and lots of layered c&s..

pics soon :D

ps i hate sewing

FBI in sydney (fbi stands for fashion something or other).

It isn't that demanding really. We have had a number of months to do the range ive just been too busy with work to put in the time thats been needed from the begining.

I must admit the college is pretty average though. im not that eager to recommend it to n e one.

Finally done with the shirt, won't make another one for awhile, that's for sure!

jumpstylekg9.jpg

Process pics will be posted next week, don't expect anything extraordinary, lots of gaps, and pics are crappy, well, atleast it's something

The shirt must've taken about as much time as it took me to sew both the t-shirt and the hood x2, no kidding :(

soon i will be able to play here too... i'm in the midst of completing a 15 piece range for college - due in about a week and presented at a fashion show the following week. range consists of patent leather trench, patent poncho type thing, perforated leather biker jacket, raw denims, coated denims and lots of layered c&s..

pics soon :D

ps i hate sewing

hey i'm quite happy to hear about this. lemme c what it is maybe i'll be your first buyer.

Finally done with the shirt, won't make another one for awhile, that's for sure!

jumpstylekg9.jpg

Process pics will be posted next week, don't expect anything extraordinary, lots of gaps, and pics are crappy, well, atleast it's something

The shirt must've taken about as much time as it took me to sew both the t-shirt and the hood x2, no kidding :(

Well done! Shirt looks great. I like how you have your back longer than your front.

Where did you get your fabrics from? 100% Cotton or Poly/Cotton mix?

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that it's no mix, just cotton.

It's from the same "local" shop that I got the fabrics for my hoodie.

Very satisfied with the material, althought I wish I lived in a bigger city so there were more to chose from.