Anyone make their own clothes?

fg0d

Look who's talking; you're grammar sucks more than his.

I think kauflust gave good constructive critisim, although it was in a negative tone.

I think different buttons would look cool too, maybe one's made of a special coin or something.

thanks everyone for the constructive critisism! im working on a second bag in the same tone (sorry still keeping with the different color stitching) but i am taking your thoughts to action! Will post pics wen im done!

Just the way he worded it pissed me off......"if you're going to photograph it to sell, don't let it slouch like that. no one wants to buy something that is damn near crumpled up"

Is that wording not harsh in a way beyond constructive critism??

and is the following (from another thread) supposed to be constructive "critism?" more like cretinism.

You are a guy, why do you need such a bag?

Women have purses and bags to carry around makeup, large wallets, random crap(always tons of that), tampons/pads, phone(does not fit in tight ass jeans), water and snacks and shit.. if you are a guy and have crap to carry around like that.. you are officialy a pussy in my book, or are you just purchasing it for the look? in that case you are not a man in that you want to carry something extra. purse shaped for that matter.

but thats just my 2 cents...

For t-shirt materials you probably would want to start with a 100% cotton jersey. Interlock and any lycra blend are more stretchy, and more difficult to work with. I won't lie that it can be difficult to find some decent jersey. If you live in a bigger city, you might have better luck.

Knits are definitely their own beast...

T shirts + handmade stencils + spraypaint count? even if i did steal "too hood to care" from akademiks (hey, they dont make it on a pink shirt)

butterflies012fn5.jpg

"what would vino do" + awesome armpit stain

butterflies011eu4.jpg

butterflies010pe9.jpg

up next is the "u know what i sell" shirt in that clipse video. too put this in perspective, along with the too hood to care shirt, i find these shirts get a good reaction, because i go to school in vermont, and im white (and dont try to thug myselft out).

• 2 weeks later...

I like your shirts, mainly the 'Too hood to care'. Even if you did jack it.

But spray painted stencils on tee shirts never seem to end up so well, especially after repeated washings.

If you're interested, try Photoemulsion silk screening. You can basicly do the same things that big tee shirt companies do at home.

Google:Speedball silk screening or something along those lines. I know that speedball actually posted its beginners kit instructions somewhere on their website.

Maybe I'll post some of my shirts, once I find my damn digital camera, or get a new one, or steal one.

I started with spraying shirts, then dying them.

then dyeing my summer pants.

Then getting a denim vest and dyeing that.

A friend saw my shirts on myspace and now lo and behold she sells them at her store.

I don't care for "constructive" critizism that some people seem to love to dish out, so i'm not posting it, but at least the message is do whatever you want and if you put your heart into it it's worth it.

I think I beat cheapmozafkrs record- I spent $20 on my whole summer wardrobe and it looks amazing- and that's not just my opinion.

$1 t-shirts and some stencils go a long way.

As far as "man purses" - I have a small over-the shoulder bag that some would consider very Mursy, yet I have so much manly shit in there it's really essential.

Condoms, knife, cork screw, first aid kit, keys, mult-tool, some electronic tools, PDA (which is really 50 books in pocket), camera. stuff I need daily, really.

Let others do what they like was always my motto... as long as they don't step on my tail.

• 3 weeks later...

The only stuff I've sorta made is when I've taken white shirts from AA and made them into band t-shirts with whichever band name I could make. I also number them like 1 of 1 to give it that extra limited edition feel. They're done up with just plain silver marker. They're pretty lame but people always ask me where I get them.

nice print!

so where abt in Syd are u?

Thanks

It's a proper print treatment for this one, i went to a print house. That's why it turn out quite good. for the 2nd one im planning to do print screen..hopefully it will turn out good as the 1st one.

I live around CBD..

I started with spraying shirts, then dying them.

then dyeing my summer pants.

Then getting a denim vest and dyeing that.

A friend saw my shirts on myspace and now lo and behold she sells them at her store.

I don't care for "constructive" critizism that some people seem to love to dish out, so i'm not posting it, but at least the message is do whatever you want and if you put your heart into it it's worth it.

I think I beat cheapmozafkrs record- I spent $20 on my whole summer wardrobe and it looks amazing- and that's not just my opinion.

$1 t-shirts and some stencils go a long way.

As far as "man purses" - I have a small over-the shoulder bag that some would consider very Mursy, yet I have so much manly shit in there it's really essential.

Condoms, knife, cork screw, first aid kit, keys, mult-tool, some electronic tools, PDA (which is really 50 books in pocket), camera. stuff I need daily, really.

Let others do what they like was always my motto... as long as they don't step on my tail.

lolz. quite a read.

Nope. I've mad a thin wallet of leather once, but no other training. But I decided I'm gonna tackle this project. I've got some guidance from someone who's been making leather boots for more than 30 years. I was thinking of possibly of making them and selling them to anyone on Sufu, but I don't know if that will work real well unless you're located in NJ or NYC...

I've got two options, hand sewing, with my hand and a needle or with some tool, forgot the name. Or using an industrial machine. He does have one, but I don't know, I'm afraid that I'm gonna go to sew something and this massive machine is gonna swallow my leather and ruin it.

The soles can be leather or soles you buy from shoe repair and modify. Problem is with leather soles is that you can pretty much feel anything you walk on.

I've know the guy since I was a kid, so he's willing to take my under his wing.

I like to customize sneakers. Right now I like doing up Chucks. Adding extra things such as eyelets and straps. I get bored and it passes the time.

John Varvatos eat your heart out!!

The creative power of Sufu will be unmatchable, I'd be down for a design project.

I'll try to get some pictures of my creations up soon, cameras fucked up.

@scruf: You're lucky, you've got a great mentor. You're pretty lucky.