Anyone make their own clothes?

fg0d

wow great mandarin collared dress shirt.. must of took you quite some time huh? did you serge the seams or did you roll them over so its 4 layers?

made these yesterday.. took about 6-8hours or so, first time doing gathering! yay or nay?

img0086y.jpg

img0087m.jpg

img0088uj.jpg

^ i quite like them, dress up in them how you will wear them out, shoes n everything... or are they comfy round the house pants?

they were suppose to be my pants to wear out when im lazy but the colour isnt satisfying for a male, too feminine :( gonna give em to a friend. the colour looked grey in the fabric shop but under lighting it looks a bit brownish.. next project >>> tapered wool tweed pants :) kinda tricky learning how to make the fly! never done anything like that before :S

cool bag! tg

i like browns on boys, makes them look like artists

get some calico or scrap fabic and some old zips and practice lots so you dont fray up your project, also get any vogue pattern that has a fly and it will give really good step by step instructions.. they do get abit finicky and fussy with some unneccisary steps but youll work out which ones you dont need

oooh, i usually just wing it lol - straight drawn on fabric and then cut.. i was thinking of doing buttons anyhow, still need to learn that too lol...

it looks a little off cause its a doubleknit; was planning to make a top but opted not too because i still havent learn the slits in the curves so shoulders dont bunch up :( (no one to teach me) i've made tops before but they look kinda home made lol

btw im a fan of your squigglies =] thought it was pretty creative.

SORRY PICS are a little blurry.. just got my camera and still learning how to use it lol :(

img0106wy.jpg

img0108q.jpg

img0111wb.jpg

anyhow they dont look so bad in pictures.. since its hard to shoot urself while showing tiny puffs on shoulders lol

made this few months back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

just found this thread, so crosspost from creations thread:

don't know if this is the right thread but anyways...

I've started this t-shirt label thing with two guys that I study design with. We wanted to do something different than what most small labels do, just print some random cool neon logos on aa shirts. so we had our own shirts sewn with a special fit, they're longer than normal shirts, and with a custom label, wider neck etc. Our motives are all very dark and monochrome. We plan to release a new set of 6 shirts every two to three months, always with a different topic/theme and technique (we want to do something with b/w photos and type in the future too)

I don't know how the t-shirt market is in the us but here where I live it really sucks at the moment :)

Here are some photos:

shirtsr.gif

781051274050505.jpg

781051274050537.jpg

781051274050784.jpg

781051274050690.jpg

781051274050810.jpg

If you're interested here's our website: http://trinitas.soleils.org

i bought a janome prl 25 last week. hemmed some jeans and cuff hemmed a pair of pants. i have some stretch knit fabric i'm been trying to make a simple sleeveless tee out of for practice, but i can't seem to sew it without it getting pulled into the hole in the feed dog plate. going to pick up some fine ball point needles and a plate with a smaller hole soon to keep trying, any advice?

edit: i actually got it to sew properly, just needed to lower the thread tension. heh

• 6 months later...

I've started this t-shirt label thing with two guys that I study design with. We wanted to do something different than what most small labels do, just print some random cool neon logos on aa shirts. so we had our own shirts sewn with a special fit, they're longer than normal shirts, and with a custom label, wider neck etc. Our motives are all very dark and monochrome. We plan to release a new set of 6 shirts every two to three months, always with a different topic/theme and technique (we want to do something with b/w photos and type in the future too)

I don't know how the t-shirt market is in the us but here where I live it really sucks at the moment :)

Here are some photos:

shirtsr.gif

781051274050505.jpg

781051274050537.jpg

781051274050784.jpg

781051274050690.jpg

781051274050810.jpg

Just purchased a couple of items

nice stuff

• 3 weeks later...

HOT DAMN! Must spread rep and purchase!

Here are some photos:

shirtsr.gif

781051274050505.jpg

781051274050537.jpg

781051274050784.jpg

781051274050690.jpg

781051274050810.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Other wise buy an old machine , jump on and mess around with it

this is the way to do it. i started a successful business in denim tailoring with only this sort of education