Anyone make their own clothes?

fg0d

thanks for the mention. lately ive been doing awhole lot of altering. tapering jeans, making tee's and hoodies slimmer, buttonups slimer, etc. dont quite have the time to actually make things from scratch right now unfortunately.

on a side note, anybody have any documented pictures or tutorials on how dress shoes are made? I was looking at my BStore Mario2's and doesnt seem like theres too much complicated pieces goin together, but just cant seem to figure out how some of the pieces are sewn on.

I'll look into some patterns. But I cant seem to find a t-shirt pattern! And can you provide information on different fabrics, their applications, how easy to work with, ect.? I'm looking around, but haven't found what I'm looking for.

I'll look into some patterns. But I cant seem to find a t-shirt pattern! And can you provide information on different fabrics, their applications, how easy to work with, ect.? I'm looking around, but haven't found what I'm looking for.

why even look at patterns? just play around...thats how i first got started. just get some fabric, make some measurements and cut them exactly how you want it and sew it together. typically, ive found that teeshirt fabric, hoodie fabric, etc are somewhat harder to sew since therye so stretchy and flimsy, but with practice, its fairly easy.

is there anyway someone could post a guide to tapering their jeans?

my edwins have stretched so much...i want to make everything slimmer cause i love them..but the fit is horrible.

you can do it several ways actually, if you wanna take it down on the inseam so you dont mess up the selvage line, depending on what kind of seam it is, you can take it apart slim it down, cut off excess denim, then sew it back together. takes alittle practice to do felledseam, but just be meticulous and use an iron to flatten the fabric down.

or if you dont care about the selvage line, just take an inch of the outseam and sew down the seam. but i wouldnt suggest this obviously..

fndmybetterhalf - you obviously have some intuition when it comes to the subject... fg0d however needs to do some homework

fg0d - if you are serious about wanting to make something enrol in a beginers night class or find a patient aunt to teach you

or

http://forums.creativehomeartsclub.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/527109272

http://www.topix.net/forum/hobbies/sewing

true hehe, yeah read up on stuff about sewing. sewings actually not quite as easy as alot of people take it. and mostly of all, practice makes perfect! last year, i sat down and started sewing after a quick tutorial from my mom and saat down for 8 hours a day and just started sewing random stuff. its actually really fun

The tshirts are pretty cool. I want to start by making my own tee. I cant' seem to find a pattern anywhere though... and what kind of fabric is used. Obviously cotton, but I mean I dont know the difference between knit, jersey, blah blah

my fabric strategy tends to be going to the store and just feeling everything.

once you find a pattern, they'll usually list some suggestions too.

also, about t-shirts... you can improvize by tailoring an old t-shirt first (taking in the seams, etc.) to how you want your new one to fit, then cutting it up to make a "pattern."

definitely check out the pdf that tg posted though.

when i saw this post the first person i thought was thomas highstreet. the 15cm pants he set up were insane, then again most of his older posts were hella bad ass.

a few thoughts

1. you didn't press the seams enough so they puff out in an amatuerish manner

2. straps have no interfacing so they droop with the rest of the bag in a way that looks homemade

3. bag itself could use stiffer material or bag stiffener/lining/interface for body

4. contrast stitching makes the mistakes look more visible and frankly, it is uneven and therefore unattractive

5. if you're going to photograph it to sell, don't let it slouch like that. no one wants to buy something that is damn near crumpled up

Wow. i think the bag looks great,

1. No one can tell except for your picky self,

2. I like the look of it,

3. Are all bags required to be stiff? Your opnions limit fashion horribly

4. The bag is made to be worn, not to be looked at under a microscope by pricks like yourself.

5. It doesnt look damn near crumpled up in the picture you fucking asshole, I think its a great picture and is somthing i would buy looking at that picture alone.

6. kauflust is an asshole.

7. im done

Wow. i think the bag looks great,

1. No one can tell except for your picky self,

2. I like the look of it,

3. Are all bags required to be stiff? Your opnions limit fashion horribly

4. The bag is made to be worn, not to be looked at under a microscope by pricks like yourself.

5. It doesnt look damn near crumpled up in the picture you fucking asshole, I think its a great picture and is somthing i would buy looking at that picture alone.

6. kauflust is an asshole.

7. im done

Ha! thanks for the "concern or wat not" but i'm kinda used to good/bad reviews since im an art student...... but i really appreciate both the critisism

I make Jeans and t-shirts whenever i got the time, and have a good idea for something nice....

I just cant stand pricks like him.. cmon hes in the SuFu Boyz Klub.

ending boys with a Z and and starting club with a k just screams im a little bitch.

anyway. i smell my first SuperTalk e-beef if he gets a look at this haha.

i thought kauflust's post was a good example of constructive criticism.

kauflust: i think your critique may have been slightly harsh, but it was indeed constructive criticism... and in the design world, especially in clothing and even more so in menswear.... its all about the details

it takes a keen eye to pick up on such little things like that, but those details are what seperate good from the ...not so good

so mr. theearsonist , im not sure if you have a personal allegiance with minkous or the bag...but kauflust made some good points that would probably be useful to the creator...

minkous, ...props for creating an original piece...it surely will work for everyday use .. keep it up

Just the way he worded it pissed me off..

"bag itself could use stiffer material"

have you not payed attention to what has happened to womens handbags over the past year????????????????

"if you're going to photograph it to sell, don't let it slouch like that. no one wants to buy something that is damn near crumpled up"

Is that wording not harsh in a way beyond constructive critism?? "Don't let it slouch like that" i believe it could have been worded alot better.. see below

You should'nt let it slouch like that.

maybe im just a stiff when it comes to grammar, Proper grammar is required in order to sustain a conversation and have the person you are conversing with understand you. If he made the mistake in person and seemed offensive to someone he could get a swift punch in the jaw. Theres a fine line between constructive critism and being an asshole, and I have recieved and given both.