The Flat Head 3001 World Tour

PG2G

i don't understand this tour. people just take pictures of their jeans in different places? what's the significance of the dates? is that when people are traveling?

The goal is one month of wear per person. The months were just chosen so the jeans would be all over the place, instead of just random cities in the states.

i don't understand this tour. people just take pictures of their jeans in different places? what's the significance of the dates? is that when people are traveling?

The idea is that Kiya from Self Edge is donating a pair of Flat Head 3001s (size 32) that will be passed from person to person on a world-wide journey. Each person agrees to wear the jeans for their alotted month and then ship them to the next person in line, culminating with the jeans returning to Self Edge where they, along with pictures and other momentos, will be put on display.

So what's the consensus on the shirt? I don't think I'd be able to wear it daily. How do the rest of you feel?

It appears to me like it is an all or none offer and it does not look like everyone in the group will be able to commit to it. So it seems that we will have to respectfully decline. (unfortunately).

I am 99% sure you will get them raw and that you will indeed have to soak them once or maybe twice to get the shrinkage out of the way, 3001's shrink a lot.

Here is the info on the jeans from the Self Edge site:

Flat Head 3001

The infamous 3001 cut by Flat Head, does it even need an explanation?

Slim, modern, and a mid-low rise make this one of the most popular modern cuts from any Japanese denim manufacturer. These look amazing in pretty much any configuration. You know it.

Keep in mind that these jeans will shrink up to 2.5" in length and 1" in the waist after the first warm soak/wash, a little more than other raw denim that we've encountered.

• Raw Japanese Selvedge
  • 14.5oz Denim
  • Hidden Rivets
  • Zipper Fly (Original Universal Brand Gripper)
  • Slim Cut

Measurements for a size 32:

Waist: 33

Inseam: 37

Thigh: 11.8

Leg Opening: 8.2

Rise: 11

These jeans are made of raw denim, when washed, the denim will always shrink between 1.5" to 3" in length (inseam) and between 1" and 1.5" in waist size. Please keep this in mind when choosing your size. The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1" after approximately 30 wears.

So is captain5640 going to have the jeans by this friday (June 1st) to get this whole thing started? Has this been coordinated with Kiya?

I believe so. They are being shipped to me tomorrow, so hopefully they will be here ASAP. I'm going out of town for my brother's high school graduation Thursday evening, so if they aren't to me by then, I will pick them up and start the process out Monday morning.

Great. Can't wait to see the first set of pictures up. Like PG2G said, the monthly timetable is just a rough guideline. We don't have to follow it to the dot.

If I can just add, while each of us want to put the jeans through as much as we can to get maximum wear, we should keep in mind that this is a 1++ year project with 13 participants. It will be unfair to the others if the jeans has to be retired midway due to it being unwearable anymore.

There seemed to be mixed feelings regarding the shirt, so yeah... no shirt.

I think wearing a pair of jeans daily is one thing, but having to wear the same outfit daily (and likely something that doesn't even fit most people's style)? Don't think its too realistic.

There seemed to be mixed feelings regarding the shirt, so yeah... no shirt.

I think wearing a pair of jeans daily is one thing, but having to wear the same outfit daily (and likely something that doesn't even fit most people's style)? Don't think its too realistic.

I agree with this, it would be hard to pull off the same shirt for 30 days straight. Did the belt end up getting thrown in? If so, that will be great!

If the shirt's out, that fine. I didn't have a problem with wearing it because of weather (January in Chicago I will be layering heavy). But I just don't think I'd be able to fit in something like that. But if it ends up in the box, I'll wear it. Also, I had PM'd PG2G to tell him that I currently don't live in Chicago, but will be by Augus, so whenever my address is needed I'll be able to give it to either PG2G or Kiya or whoever has them before me.

The pictures will be bittersweet, taking them all over the city I'll feel like a tourist in my own town. But I agree on individually getting a disposable camera and mailing the pictures back to Kiya, but just uploading our own digital pics onto a separate evo thread.

I think that we should use this thread to post pictures throughout the year - make it a one-stop-shop for all your Tour info needs. :)

Yep... Maybe we can get one of the mods to sticky this thread...

nah no need for sticky just yet. I acutally run my own community blog kinda thing and if you guys want to sign up you can use that to post a nice story of what youve done in your jeans that month and i can string it all together into a nice page.

If you want to check it out its www.cameland.net

Either it can tie in with my other posts or i make a separate category for it or i make a new page for it and it starts anew?

What do you guys think?