IMG_9205.jpg

Dissolving the curry

IMG_9207.jpg

IMG_9208.jpg

There's nothing quite like a bubbling pot of cooking curry

IMG_9210.jpg

And the finished product

IMG_9213.jpg

After dinner I noticed some flashing lights outside...I guess somebody was speeding through the neighborhood, luckily not me!

IMG_9212.jpg

That's it for tonight!

Day 15

Yet another gloomy day...spent most of it inside cleaning up in anticipation of house guests next week.

IMG_9217.jpg

IMG_9219-1.jpg

On the way to pick up some shoe trees

IMG_9220.jpg

basically what I was doing all day

IMG_9257.jpg

IMG_9258.jpg

This is a huge pile of papers I still haven't cleaned up since moving out of my apartment after graduating...

IMG_9259.jpg

IMG_9260.jpg

IMG_9261.jpg

IMG_9262.jpg

IMG_9263.jpg

Day 15 contd.

Picked up the ol' ukelele (sp?)

IMG_9264.jpg

IMG_9265.jpg

Had fish for dinner

IMG_9266.jpg

Broke out the other pair...if I could do it all over, I'd size up half a size and put in some insoles...still comfortable but not as angelic as my Indy's toebox!

IMG_9231.jpg

Went back out to Meijer's after dinner to help buy ingreds for Thanksgiving dinner...back to the other pair!

IMG_9267.jpg

IMG_9268.jpg

turkey meat

IMG_9269.jpg

what we went with in the end...

IMG_9270.jpg

Look forward to pictures of it cooked this Thursday...

Great series of posts aho! I find myself looking forward to your updates! And your growing Alden collection is tops!

But darn it - everytime I scroll through your photos, I keep going to the kitchen for a snack! ;)

Thanks for the comments...I should be eating ridiculously delicious food all week starting Sunday-ish... ;) sufu's resident glutton? Although there are people definitely eating better than me on a daily basis...is soepom and the singer crowd still posting? haven't checked the food thread in a long while...

Day 16

I did pretty much the exact same thing as yesterday...clean and work! I didn't take any pictures as I was tied up, but here are some pics I just took of the jeans...

My mom makes some of the best of what we call "garlic fried rice"...she uses garlic salt for the eggs and browns some garlic to the perfect amount resulting in really potent flavor...organic hot dogs to top it off

IMG_9271.jpg

IMG_9272.jpg

onto the jeans...poor lighting because its night time...some of them might be rotated...

IMG_9274.jpg

IMG_9277.jpg

IMG_9279.jpg

IMG_9280.jpg

IMG_9281.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

IMG_9284.jpg

Day 16 contd.

I guess I'm about halfway through my run? btw sorry all the pics are rotated, kinda feeling lazy to fix them all right now...

IMG_9294.jpg

IMG_9285.jpg

IMG_9287.jpg

crotch looking to blow soon? holding up pretty well IMO

IMG_9290.jpg

IMG_9292.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

IMG_9298.jpg

Button fly fix still holding up well

IMG_9299.jpg

Thats all for today...been pretty busy lately!

Day 17

Today sucked for the tour...this should be the peak of suckiness however as I've recently employed myself a personal photographer who will follow my every step, camera in hand. I want to do this tour right and have tried to at least post something every day...and while I haven't done the most interesting things, I will try to end this month with a bang!

The jeans layiing in despair:

IMG_9301.jpg

"PLEASE photograph me in compromising positions!" they yell...

lol my photographer turned out to be a bratty teenage girl who wants to sit on her computer all day instead of going anywhere...ah well, I'll just take my own pictures for now...

Day 18

whole lot of lounging all day round..having house guests means a whole lot of eating and going out to places but then again this isn't your typical house guest (my supposed photographer)...regardless here are some pictures

IMG_9302.jpg

IMG_9303-1.jpg

IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9305p.jpg

I decided to show the results of some basic horsehair brushing and buffing on cordovan, no wax needed...

IMG_9318.jpg

IMG_9327.jpg

and here's the kicker...

before

IMG_9308.jpg

after

IMG_9324.jpg

For dinner I ate Jimmy John's...#16 Club Lulu with sprouts...

IMG_9328.jpg

Day 19

I've pretty much been staying home the last few days when not working so these pictures are pretty accurate

IMG_9329.jpg

IMG_9330.jpg

IMG_9331.jpg

Getting ready to whoop some family wii butt this thanksgiving

IMG_9332.jpg

IMG_9333.jpg

You wouldn't believe how many shots I did trying to get myself in the air...couldn't get the timing right for some reason though

IMG_9336p.jpg

IMG_9337.jpg

A sad attempt

IMG_9338.jpg

Stocking up for Thursday...we don't actually drink coke in my family so this is a rare sight

IMG_9340.jpg

The fridge is starting to fill up...

IMG_9341.jpg

Much appreciated therel, I always enjoy your posts!

Day 20

Today was a good day for my taste buds...I dropped by Zingerman's Deli in Ann Arbor (arguably the best sandwich place in Michigan, nay, the entire midwest IMO) which gets some bad rep for its pricing but its definitely worth the price and you won't find a sandwich place/Jewish deli like this outside New York (ok, maybe thats a bit much lol) As you can tell, it's one of my favorites...they also have a Creamery, Bakery, and Roadhouse but the Deli is probably the best...

Like any place this tasty, there is always a line...today's wrapped around the building...damn tourists and people coming home for the holidays slowing me down lol

IMG_9348.jpg

a look inside

IMG_9349.jpg

As soon as you enter, you might notice the alarming amount of cheese varieties

IMG_9351.jpg

IMG_9352.jpg

The menu

IMG_9353.jpg

Cheeseeeee

IMG_9354.jpg

IMG_9355.jpg

My favorite of their cakes...sour cream coffeecake, oh baby!

IMG_9356.jpg

hangin' that meat

IMG_9357.jpg

Day 20 contd.

IMG_9358.jpg

We pre-ordered our thanksgiving pie's from zingerman's...they are stored in a tent out back and you can bet there was a truckload of pies ready to be picked up...Pecan pie and of course, pumpkin!

IMG_9359.jpg

IMG_9361.jpg

They hand you your pink slip/receipt so when they deliver your food to you you'll feel even more rewarded for waiting

IMG_9362.jpg

Onto the main food...I ordered a #85, a BBQ Chicken sandwich...not my new favorite but still droolicious...so goooooood

IMG_9363.jpg

Chicken pesto wasn't on the menu today but I did a custom order of noodles, pesto, chicken breast and even though it wasn't the actual thing, all the individual ingredients are so good

IMG_9364.jpg

Gotta get that Latke! dipped in some amazing applesauce...

IMG_9365.jpg

Forgot what this was...Bon Ton or something? not my order but the person that got it said it was perfect

IMG_9367.jpg

Look at that pie...

IMG_9368.jpg

you'll see me devour this tomorrow

IMG_9370.jpg

Day 20 contd.

Just so you know, they deliver their pies etc. all over the world (i think?) so if you are privy to try the best Pecan pie in your life, feel free to order ;) none of that gooey, slimey excuse for a pecan pie you'll find in other places...I am a pecan pie snob

IMG_9371.jpg

IMG_9373.jpg

Got home to the UPS man at the door, I swear, UPS tracking never updates until the night before your package arrives...

IMG_9374.jpg

As you can see, it wasn't a package from SE (sorry kiya I still love you) but a package from J.Crew....a new Peacoat that I bought at a pretty discount of 45% off...weekend flash sale + student discount....no excuse NOT to buy when I needed a new peacoat this badly...

IMG_9375.jpg

the fit...kind of flares out in this pic but I'm satisfied with it

IMG_9377p.jpg

Inside details might not be as hardcore as actual Navy issue...thinsulate and extra ipod pocket though...

IMG_9379.jpg

And a view of the tour jeans' knees...

IMG_9380.jpg

Getting ready for tomorrow...stretching out the stomach, drinking lots of fluids and carbs for temporary filler...it will be a good day ;)

Happy pre Thanksgiving everyone!