Jobs that you had that are a joke.

rome1

So I just spent the past four hours here and not one single person came into the store. I actually thought about sleeping in the stock room for a while as well. This is bullshit so boring and wasteful, but on the other end i am getting paid to do nothing. Anybody else have some shitty jobs that are a joke. please elaborate...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a computer technician at a hospital

I work part time during school, like 3 days a week for 3 hours. I sit there and browse internet, play emulator games, and go on SuFu. Sometimes i restart peoples computers when they don't know what to do.

In the summer, I actually do stuff and work 40 hours a week, but for about 20 of them, we bullshit with each other and listen to music.

Janitor! I would end up playing gameboy in the bathroom some days.

this is the kind of shit im talking about... how to make the time pass, sad fact is that the store i work in is on a highway with not much else near it. The owner took away the couches and put in metal benches so we can't sleep anymore, no cable tv, no VG's and I mean how many times can you actually watch the same skate dvd's over and over again.

Seriously, Record shop down the street wouldn't hire me- despite me smalltalking with the store owner for over an hour n half. Have to be 18 to work at fucking guitar center... how hard is that?...

Only places that have offered me a job is an 120 square foot art gallery, a tanning salon, and fucking a&f- all of which I refuse to work at. I went to an "interview" at banana republic and they almost gave me a job but my grades aren't "good enough" and I would have to "tie my hair back".

LIFE IS SO FUCKING HARD.

FUCK.

i used to work electronics at kmart. we used to do shopping cart races and just yell random stuff in the intercom. when people used to ask me to check inventory, i used to just go up there, hang out in the lounge and come back 10 minutes later because i didn't feel like carrying it.

i used to work electronics at kmart. we used to do shopping cart races and just yell random stuff in the intercom. when people used to ask me to check inventory, i used to just go up there, hang out in the lounge and come back 10 minutes later because i didn't feel like carrying it.

I do this when an annoying customer can't deceide on a pair of shoes. just tell them we don't have their size till they get fed up. That and the "Not It" game when we see a car pull into the parking lot.

As Keri said in another thread second fun jobs should be just that but, when it gets slow, it gets really slow. Usually spraypaint on the dumpster out back for our afternoon art session. Then maybe walk to starbucks and hassle the employees there for a bit, destroying random shit the tool store puts in there dumpster is also amusing. The high point is usually watching someone get pulled over by the police.

I work in a lab at stanford during my summers and basically i come in at 9, set everything up and get my experiments going takes about 30min, leave till after lunch, come back and develop photos in a darkroom then repeat one more time going home at 6. Paid for 9 hours work every weekday for about an hour or so of actual work.

as an undergraduate i worked at a massive computing co-op that had labs in three different floors in the building. after my boss left at 4pm, i would go into the bathroom on a deserted floor and nap on a natty bench that was most likely left over from the 70s.

in high school i worked at the baby gap and sold cashmere hoodies and leather pants to infants who most assuredly grew up to be the same kids who gave the mighty ducks III all that trouble for being scholarship kids at the snooty private school.

this probably should have gone in the confessional.

Seriously, Record shop down the street wouldn't hire me- despite me smalltalking with the store owner for over an hour n half. Have to be 18 to work at fucking guitar center... how hard is that?...

Only places that have offered me a job is an 120 square foot art gallery, a tanning salon, and fucking a&f- all of which I refuse to work at. I went to an "interview" at banana republic and they almost gave me a job but my grades aren't "good enough" and I would have to "tie my hair back".

LIFE IS SO FUCKING HARD.

FUCK.

I wouldn't mind working at an art gallery .. what's your beef with it? Fuck a tanning salon and A&F.

I used to work at a tea house in DC that had an entire wall filled with different teas all stored in japanese washi boxes from ceiling to floor. This was my first time working in the food/beverage business and I just took orders and talked to customers about tea.

On the quiet nights, we would basically set up the Pepsi Challenge with different teas and practice guessing the tea based on scent and/or taste. Pretty cool aftering acquiring the taste to differentiate between various oolongs or greens.