Jobs that you had that are a joke.

rome1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I worked at that country club, boredom killed so bad. Because there was this cuban handyman who had his shop on the backside of the cart shack. And he would make things and blow things up and make us things to get in trouble with. I don't even think he ever did any actual work that fixed things for the club. He made us a crossbow. That was fun.

I used to work at a local cinema, getting paid SG$3.60 an hour, or roughly US$2.50 an hour. Basically, I had to sell tickets, sell snacks sometimes, or even clean up after the crowds leave the theater. Shitty job for that kinda pay.

Now, I'm going through compulsory conscription. Due to my scoliosis, I am allowed to work in the office instead of toiling in the jungles. Basically, I handle feedback from the public regarding the Ministry of Defence and the Armed Forces. Sometimes, it's interesting, but most of the time I just play games on miniclips and surf online forums. The pay stinks though, SG$350 a month, and they call it an allowance.

^Geez, is the pay really that bad for SG peeps?

I've been told that when comparing SG and Australia, the salaries are lower in SG for the same position.

But I guess it's not fair to compare that.

^Geez, is the pay really that bad for SG peeps?

I've been told that when comparing SG and Australia, the salaries are lower in SG for the same position.

But I guess it's not fair to compare that.

Nah, I'm just unlucky for that cinema stint. I've had other jobs that pay better - a five month stint at a telecoms company that paid double that per hour, just screening other people's data entry for mistakes.

However, that conscription allowance rate is a fixed one. Basically I'm gonna get about that amount for two years of my life. Every guy in Singapore goes through that bullshit.

I used to work at a local cinema, getting paid SG$3.60 an hour, or roughly US$2.50 an hour. Basically, I had to sell tickets, sell snacks sometimes, or even clean up after the crowds leave the theater. Shitty job for that kinda pay.

Inbuilt in that $2.50 an hour is your meals provided for. IE all the hotdogs, nachos, popcorn and drinks you can eat and drink and all the movies you can watch for free. You can even let your friends in for half the price the cinemas are charging.

I wouldn't say I get the same perks as a cop, but my paycheck comes from the PD. And I've gotten pulled over before and I took out my id, but my crossing guard id came out to, and he asked me where I did my crossing-guarding(?) and we made small talk. The id was issued by the pd when I got my job. I really don't know why I have it, I've never used it for anything, but I can show it to cops. =]

Did you managed to at least get hit on by one of those moms whose kids you heroically protect on an almost daily basis?

When I worked at that country club, boredom killed so bad. Because there was this cuban handyman who had his shop on the backside of the cart shack. And he would make things and blow things up and make us things to get in trouble with. I don't even think he ever did any actual work that fixed things for the club. He made us a crossbow. That was fun.

Dude, So. Cal? Can your dad hook me up with a job? Might need one soon.

Current one is pretty bad...

In highschool went to get a job at a Japanese supermarket thinking my bilingual ability and general computer skill would get me a comfy desk job, ended up stocking/bagging for minimum wage, got stuck in the freezer several times, had to rock terrible apron and a lame-o store jacket, work til you drop, got harrassed by a mean little man who had an agenda against me from the get-go.

In many ways, things are still the same....hence the name I've given myself for sufu.