Dirty Dozen +1 (Around the world...)

cheep

was this fuckng awesome?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. was this fuckng awesome?

• yes
    • fuck yes
    • no.

Okinawa seems like an amazing place. Do the military bases bring in a ton of Americans? Is it a big political issue for local Okinawans?

yes and yes. before i left, they had a couple of strikes and marches.

Also, is Shinto not present in Okinawa? Wikipedia says only this:

"Religion

Okinawa also has its own religious beliefs, generally characterized by ancestor worship and the respecting of relationships between the living, the dead, and the gods and spirits of the natural world."

it is.

Okinawa seems like an amazing place. Do the military bases bring in a ton of Americans? Is it a big political issue for local Okinawans?

like red said, the military bases bring many americans into okinawa. although most do not stay more than two years, you have many that end up staying for a long time, and sometimes settle down here. there are people in okinawa who don't like the military here, but some people enjoy having them around.

Also, is Shinto not present in Okinawa? Wikipedia says only this:

"Religion

Okinawa also has its own religious beliefs, generally characterized by ancestor worship and the respecting of relationships between the living, the dead, and the gods and spirits of the natural world."

most okinawans do not practice the shinto religion or even buddhism. okinawans have a form of ancestor worship which is different from what is practiced in the mainland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
According to Matt, the guy who works for Evisu, they don't know when the contest will be concluding. However, they do plan on finishing it........At some point.

it wasnt a contest, it was a journey

chicken saan I was aware of that blog , but I took it as the completed mission - getting dirtiered (<sp> 'durr-tee-urrd') by the dozen -- would be blogged ..

and I guess that is not completed as of yet ?

what in the world are you talking about, heflys?

numero:

Yeah, it's the completion we're talking about. They posted you and almond, but no else. I asked Matt about the conclusion, and he does not know when it will occur. He said something about surveys needing to be completed.