Dirty Dozen +1 (Around the world...)

cheep

was this fuckng awesome?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. was this fuckng awesome?

• yes
    • fuck yes
    • no.

later that night, i went to a party at jiji cafe with mr. and mrs. toyama.

we were waiting for a cab to pass by for about 5 minutes. finally one came. guess what? inside was teruya-san, the pimped out taxi driver! i took a picture of him a few weeks before because he was looking so fly. he was killing it with the burgandy polyester LA Gear jumpsuit! anyways, go back a few pages to see what i'm talking about.

we jumped in the cab and he took us to jiji cafe.

DSC_0112.jpg

the man, the legend.

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

the next day, i went to an mma and kickboxing show. one of the fighters my friend manages didn't have a corner man so i cornered him and helped him warm up for his fight. unfortunately, he was up against a very strong fighter and lost by decision. oh well, shit happens. didn't take pictures and i wasn't wearing the jeans anyways.

the next day, i went to henza elementary school to teach english.

it was early, early, early in the morning (for me anyways) but the view was beautiful.

DSC_0190.jpg

we went over a bridge.

DSC_0193.jpg

there were people digging for clams or oysters.

DSC_0206.jpg

today, i taught my first and second graders about halloween. i made a frankenstein mask and a witch mask for two of the kids. i'm the guy in the doraemon mask. we had a lot of fun!

DSC_0212.jpg

oh, and i almost forgot.

to selaviso, who won the little contest, here's what you're getting.

a few bottles of okinawan star sand. okinawa is famous for star sand which are actually the shells of little microscopic single-celled organisms. they really are shaped like little tiny stars!

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

i am also sending you a okinawan bingata bandana. it will add a little color to your jeans back pocket.

DSC_0005.jpg

and finally, i am sending you a piece of the big rope. this will bring you good luck!

DSC_0006.jpg

congrats and i hope you will enjoy these little gifts from okinawa.

so, that's it.

thank you all for coming along with me while i discover my new home. i'm very proud and honored to have been a part of this awesome project. it was great to see how my fellow denim lovers live all over the world. it was also great to see many of you guys in person at the kick-off party in new york.

a special thanks goes out to gordon at BiG and to evisu for making this happen.

so, i will be shipping these jeans back to new york where the journey began. though i am sad to see them go, i trust that the people at evisu and blue in green will take good care of the jeans for us.

since many of you have asked, i will continue to blog my adventures at www.mizanation.com. nothing is up there yet, but i will let you guys know when i have things set up.

anyways, i can't believe we finally made it to the end. thanks again to my DD+1 family! we did it!!!

theend.jpg

oh, and i almost forgot.

to selaviso, who won the little contest, here's what you're getting.

a few bottles of okinawan star sand. okinawa is famous for star sand which are actually the shells of little microscopic single-celled organisms. they really are shaped like little tiny stars!

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

i am also sending you a okinawan bingata bandana. it will add a little color to your jeans back pocket.

DSC_0005.jpg

and finally, i am sending you a piece of the big rope. this will bring you good luck!

DSC_0006.jpg

congrats and i hope you will enjoy these little gifts from okinawa.

thanks a lot miz! thanks for your generosity i cant wait to receive those items. and ill rock the bandana in dd+1's honor! thanks for letting us into your life once again miz.

i noticed a bunch of old dudes in the back. they all looked pretty cool so i went over there and asked if i could take their picture. turns out, one of the guys there is the father of the guy who owns the izakaya. him and all his friends came out to support his son's little restaurant.

DSC_0097.jpg

I thought everyone in Okinawa wears Julius ???

so, that's it.

thank you all for coming along with me while i discover my new home. i'm very proud and honored to have been a part of this awesome project. it was great to see how my fellow denim lovers live all over the world. it was also great to see many of you guys in person at the kick-off party in new york.

a special thanks goes out to gordon at BiG and to evisu for making this happen.

so, i will be shipping these jeans back to new york where the journey began. though i am sad to see them go, i trust that the people at evisu and blue in green will take good care of the jeans for us.

since many of you have asked, i will continue to blog my adventures at www.mizanation.com. nothing is up there yet, but i will let you guys know when i have things set up.

anyways, i can't believe we finally made it to the end. thanks again to my DD+1 family! we did it!!!

theend.jpg

is it really over.....?

/tear :(