Providence, RI

liq2

You guys think Providence has changed in the last 5 years? You don't know the half of it. I went to RISD back in the late 80's-early 90's. It was a totally different city back then, downtown was nothing but homeless people, the river was so polluted that someone in my class developed a roll of film in it (no shit!). I have really great memories of it though, places like the 1 UP, the old Living Room with the bubble, The Rocket and places like that. The last time I was up there was 2000 to play at the new Living Room and I couldn't believe how different it was, I'm sure it would blow my mind now, especially with all the growth RISD has had in the last 15 years.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard stories from my mom that it was slums. she immigrated from nigeria to rhode island in the late 70's and she said this place was a disaster. she moved to nyc before i was born and now im living here again while im schooling. downtown providence has been totally renovated in the past decade and it's still on the up and up. RISD community is great i chill and do art with them sometimes. has anybody ever eaten at any of the spots in the arcade? Loved the gyros at the greek spot till i stopped eating red meat.

• 8 years later...