Providence, RI

liq2

totally agreed on getting away from the east side...theres some real gems in federal hill/souf side/etc...theres this one dessert place in fed hill, wish i could remember the name...im not a big dessert person and this stuff was no joke (mainly italian desserts as you might expect for the neighborhood)

as far as east side is concerned, fakes better be at least somewhat believable, cutting out a piece of a cereal box and writing 'i am 21' on the back doesnt cut it anymore at most places...even liquid lounge is more hardcore now and that place used to let in 17 year olds visiting brown

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i suprised by this post....i'm living in rhode island ith the rents until i finish at URI......bar and music scene is great but the shopping sucks. and betty's on mineral spring hits the spot after midnight

• 2 months later...

two relatively new spots have opened in downtown providence with some dope clothing. check 'em out and if you're in town stop by. ran by some real cool dudes

-grandburo- fresh tshirts

www.grandburo.com

-clover- high fashion, alot of good brands

www.cloverprovidence.com

if you got a question....lemme know

As long as the Livingroom is still there I will be happy!

good ol' living room, I use to dj there back in the day.... & Club Babyhead too!

when were you there last? i haven't been back since graduation. i really miss trinity brewhouse dude.

and farmstead.... those guys are some proper cheese/ beer mongers.

last up there in march maybe? i think that's right

anyone here went to brown? how bout risd?

swynch went to brown. i think paid vacation goes to risd.

good ol' living room, I use to dj there back in the day.... & Club Babyhead too!

living room is actually a real venue now that lupos closed down

I prefer Providence over Boston, hands down. Less to do in Providence but I enjoy that. Thayer also has a Junkyard Dog so I could easily go there at any point in the day and just chow down on hot dogs. Really not much going on shopping wise.

My buddy goes to RISD, that's the only reason I know of any of this.

I also went to the 80s night at that club down the hill and my band played at the Safari Bar (or whatever it's called) a couple years ago.

I prefer Providence over Boston, hands down. Less to do in Providence but I enjoy that. Thayer also has a Junkyard Dog so I could easily go there at any point in the day and just chow down on hot dogs. Really not much going on shopping wise.

My buddy goes to RISD, that's the only reason I know of any of this.

I also went to the 80s night at that club down the hill and my band played at the Safari Bar (or whatever it's called) a couple years ago.

spike's is the junkyard dog. they have tons of them now, i think they have one up in cambridge now too. club hell is 80's night, it kind of sucks now, haven't been in a number of years, but it was pretty dismal for a while. safari lounge closed down.

doctorworm you're lucky downtown is getting so developed.

the rules of college still apply- get yourself a fake id. and do go to via via for late night pizza

the mall wasn't even done when i got there. providence has grown so fucking much since i first went there. it's only getting more developed.

the mall still sucks. its only good for cinema and cheesecake factory.

antonio's pizzas are good sometimes because of their wacky toppings. i think sicilia's is way overrated. haven't tried casserta. but i think the bbq chicken and four cheese pizza in via via are pretty damned good. their crust is so well made... def stop by for a slice of 4 cheese mate.

the mall still sucks. its only good for cinema and cheesecake factory.

antonio's pizzas are good sometimes because of their wacky toppings. i think sicilia's is way overrated. haven't tried casserta. but i think the bbq chicken and four cheese pizza in via via are pretty damned good. their crust is so well made... def stop by for a slice of 4 cheese mate.

whats that place on federal hill that has the stuffed crust? that shit is divine

poly u mean sicilias lol... maybe i should pay it a visit again.

i heard alot about this portuguese butcher. maybe its the same one. i also loved seven stars bakery back in teh day. they were on hope street. damned good olive rolls

you probably had it more recent than me, i haven't had it since 2003. I loved golden crust which is such garbage, but i grew up on that. Large cheese and 4 blue cheeses for dipping

that golden crust is awful but i been partying over in that area heavily in the past year and change. the spa on admiral is good eats too, i'm good friends with the owners daughter

you're out of your fucking mind if you think golden crust is awful. I have such great memories of that place at like 3am. admiral spa is ok at best. i like the place that's across the street from ny systems on smith street.