Graffiti Saved My Life

... but nuthin beats a good ol can and nyfatty...

anyone else use to use those xxxl bomb cans? haha

275710536.jpg

too bad these are gone :[

nothing like seeing your shit go by at a crossing....coming back from church and laughed and my parents knew what was up...she hates graffiti so much she looks the other way when she gets stopped by a train and it kills her having to go downtown.

RITE....old partner, dude must have about 800 or 900 frieghts...a couple nights i took him out to hit the street cuz he was the only one to get down with me, hitting the fronts of heavens...poor guy, we went like 3 nights and he got popped and i believe he ratted me out...i forgive him though, one must pay his dues before checking out.

oh, my sister went to el paso till thursday and my dad and i tried to set the scanner up but were retarted with computers and gave up cursing...i promise i will contribute many pictures once she gets back...new york, denver, houston in the mix.

RITE....old partner, dude must have about 800 or 900 frieghts...a couple nights i took him out to hit the street cuz he was the only one to get down with me, hitting the fronts of heavens...poor guy, we went like 3 nights and he got popped and i believe he ratted me out...i forgive him though, one must pay his dues before checking out.

He ratted? And he was your partner?

Can't really condone that.

I went out last night. Hit this footpath bridge that crosses over a highway. I'm hanging on to a railing with my feet on the ledge no wider than 8" 25 feet above the highway. It was pitch black, and the cap I was using sucked. Leaked everywhere. First time I ever used an orange dot on Rusto. Usually just use Rusto fats. Anyway, I haven't gone back to look at it, but I don't even want to cause I'm sure it sucks. I'll probably have to go over myself just so I don't look like a toy.

I don't have any pictures to contribute, but i'd love to see some more cake 87 shit, I always love spotting his stuff when I'm up in SF (which is not too often).

*edit: that whole "sketchy spot in pitch darkness" thing eastcoast is talking about blooows. I hate doing a fill in and coming back a couple days later and seeing I couldn't even color in the lines... gaaah!

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody have any info on the dude who's tag looks like a pine tree, he has a huge tree thts like 15 ft tall in the LA wash. I also saw it on some of the frieghts in the grafitti infamy video posted.

Btw Check this Saber Piece Out, so big it can be seen by Google Earth...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=39964&t=k&om=1

Uncheck the box to the left to see the real thing

More info about it...

http://www.saberone.com/theriver.php

• 4 weeks later...

since gettin busted a few years ago... it's never been the same X[

i'm always like 3X as paranoid as i should be..

mostly legals and blackbooks now :[

but yeah it used to be the biggest rush.

lately my getaway vehicle is my noiseless track bike :D

• 1 month later...
recent pickups

krinkfw0.png

i fucking love the squeeze bottles.

you wever mess around with making your own markers/ink?

i used to be all into that when i would be on the 12ozprophet forums

The new Krink squeezer mops are a lot better than the old shoe polish Krink mops. The nib is more durable than the old rubber foam nib, but they're kind of expenive. $10 for 2 oz. is steep.

I get these (which are the same as the Krink squeezers) and fill them with a 1-shot + thinner concoction.

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=751

6k5wodh.jpg

i got a message from Grey about a week ago, he's putting out this 7" about his crazy time in london. www.provandals.com... i let you know when it comes out if anyones interested...

let me know about that definitely, one of my mates met him when he was in london, did a little outline for him on paper, showed me it the other week, so sick. he told him a couple of little stories aswell, sounds like a crazy guy, and his voice haha! jokes aside hes a sick writer, such a nice style.. but yeah, let me know. thanks.

The new Krink squeezer mops are a lot better than the old shoe polish Krink mops. The nib is more durable than the old rubber foam nib, but they're kind of expenive. $10 for 2 oz. is steep.

I get these (which are the same as the Krink squeezers) and fill them with a 1-shot + thinner concoction.

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=751

That's a good alternative. Might as well buy these things and a jar of Krink for refills.

buying krink? jesus. Its just silver rusto plus thinner...

Also big up to some of the idiots self incriminating in this thread.

Yeah, I got more money to drain than time to kill.

What's up with Ader snitching on Rehab nad Revs? I heard about what happend with Rehab, but did anyon hear about what happened with Revs?

buying krink? jesus. Its just silver rusto plus thinner...

Also big up to some of the idiots self incriminating in this thread.

Krink isn't just thinned out Rusto. You can make ghetto Krink by diluting Rusto or 1-Shot, but it definitely isn't the same.

And I'm pretty sure VS doesn't read this thread. They're more into the superdenim forum.

Krink isn't just thinned out Rusto. You can make ghetto Krink by diluting Rusto or 1-Shot, but it definitely isn't the same.

And I'm pretty sure VS doesn't read this thread. They're more into the superdenim forum.

I mean its one thing to talk about writing, but making a post like this-

"Last night I did a big hallow black throwup on a clean white wall which belonged to a nike outlet/CVS. Noone saw me, it was alright, no big deal.

Today I was walking to said CVS to pick up some stuff, the wall has already been buffed- kind of expected... but on the wall, is a blurry picture of me from a surveillance camera doing the said throwup. Seeing this I still go into CVS and buy 2 tubes of lip balm, GQ, and a bottle of witch hazel... noone said anything. Should I be worried? Has anyone gotten in trouble from cameras?"

is just asking for it. I know kids who have gotten busted for info shared over forums that werent ones like 12oz where you know the police monitor.

$20 for a bottle of paint... its not even really ink... is just rediculous and not in the spirit of graff. If you want to drop $10 on mops, $20 on ink and $6 a can go ahead, but I cant think of one legit writer who does that, only hipster (hate to use that word) "street artists." Not that "street art" cant be awesome as shit, but IMO its not graffiti.

On a postive note, the best ink ive ever used is garvet xt-70 in violet or black + leather dye + a little brake fluid. If you want to add some shine/metallicness pick up some "pearl ex" metallic pigments and put a little of that in your ink. Stuff dyes so hard and the brake fuild with leave mad ghosts, especially when you use it ontop of soemthing painted. Only problem is that its nearly impossible to get off your hands, plus its probably not healthy at all.

$20 for a bottle of paint... its not even really ink... is just rediculous and not in the spirit of graff. If you want to drop $10 on mops, $20 on ink and $6 a can go ahead, but I cant think of one legit writer who does that, only hipster (hate to use that word) "street artists." Not that "street art" cant be awesome as shit, but IMO its not graffiti.

On a postive note, the best ink ive ever used is garvet xt-70 in violet or black + leather dye + a little brake fluid. If you want to add some shine/metallicness pick up some "pearl ex" metallic pigments and put a little of that in your ink. Stuff dyes so hard and the brake fuild with leave mad ghosts, especially when you use it ontop of soemthing painted. Only problem is that its nearly impossible to get off your hands, plus its probably not healthy at all.

I agree with you that buying supplies like ink, paint, etc. may not be in the spirit of graffiti, but to say that Krink is thinned out Rusto is wrong. I've used both (Krink and thinned Rusto) and they're different. Krink flows better, shines harder, and has a 3D quality to it when dried that makes it pop off the surface.

Garvey XT-70 is definitely dope, but it fades in sunlight because it's alcohol based. It's perfect for insides though. It's pretty much unbuffable. I tried to add violet XT-70 to white Marsh T-Grade to make an ink that stains hard and doesn't fade in the sun, but the Garvey just faded and only the white marsh remained.

As far as all-purpose inks go, I think Marsh T-Grade is one of the best. It can be buffed, but not easily, and it doesn't fade in the sun. Although lately I've just been using thinned out 1-shot. Do 'em Dirty is really dope too. Shaun RFC's mops with the mohair nibs are super smooth.

• 2 weeks later...
And as for people snitching on themselves, i imagine those that do have little to worry about if you get what I'm saying.

bam.

im off paper early...got the letter of release from po in the mail.

end result- finished the 3 and a half years probation out of 5/ 38 UA'S, failed 2/450 hours of community service completed/ no more felony...i lucked out with a cool p.o.

had to do it over again, i would have just stayed in jail.

all those still putting down (if any on this board) i salute you and your endevors....may god be with you on the wonderful journey of "graffiti writing"

bam.

im off paper early...got the letter of release from po in the mail.

end result- finished the 3 and a half years probation out of 5/ 38 UA'S, failed 2/450 hours of community service completed/ no more felony...i lucked out with a cool p.o.

had to do it over again, i would have just stayed in jail.

all those still putting down (if any on this board) i salute you and your endevors....may god be with you on the wonderful journey of "graffiti writing"

Good to hear from you Larry. Hope all is well.