Graffiti Saved My Life

Quote:

take the stock cap out and cut the slit on the stem wider with a razor blade.

Cut it so it's about 3-4 times as wide. This that'll add some width to the spray.

--- Original message by BumbaClot on May 22, 2006 12:57 AM

regardless what you do most likely you will end up with paint all over the place....

if you are real hard up about getting them just snag em off ebay or something...

the deodorant stick marker is good... same as the instructions listed above... but you can simply just rack a chalk board eraser from school and use that to stuff the deodorant stick... i would recommend speed stick... the wider the better, IMO...

i've tried making everything and nothing works better than a ultrawide, fat uni, griffin mop or a refilled woodcraft marker. any of these others will pop off 2-3 tags before leaking all over your jacket/bag or running dry. use what you want though and looks good for your hand..

true, a store bought fat will paint cleaner and you can get them from tons of sites online.....

but, cutting a cap like i described will not blast paint everywhere. I've done it to many stocks in the past when i didnt have a fat as have others....

Mlproject is right though, dont bother making a marker order one or go to pearl paint.

even a magnum 44 would suffice if your not planning on using it outdoors. its kind of toy, but if your only doing a school project, your gravy. that was pretty much all i could get my hands on as a kid. until i learned to make something better and then discovered mops, the mag 44 was the holy grail.

• 1 month later...

hi!

i'm a writer from germany and i'm planing a trip to tokyo in august.i'm searching around the whole web since weeks to find some adresses and/or advices where to buy cans an where to go for painting(especially halls of fame)besides that i would to explore some nice hip hop shops(not these ordinary fashion victim shit,i'm able buy american brands in the us so why down there?)and vinylstores!

please gimme your knowledge:-)

kind regards

markus

ps:i meant in tokyo of course not on:-)

um

there has been a countless number of threads about "hiphop" shops in japan

also, there's the store listing on the SF main page.

One store you should check out (and not yet cleaned out by foreign hypebeasts) is LUMP in harajuku. It's close to bounty hunter. They carry rebirth, whiz, and some other shit.

the most "trendy" / underground / hiphop stuff are

located in aoyama, daikanyama, shibuya, and harajuku.

http://superfuture.com/city/city/city.cfm?city=1

is a good place to start

what kind of stuff are you interested in?

A list of stores that are often overlooked by tourists but appreciated by the locals:

-Beams (there are like 10 beams stores with different themes)

-United Arrows (like barneys

-Journal Standard (like barneys

-Blue Label Store (like barneys

-Tab Device (japan exclusive levi's - fenoms and levi's soccer jerseys

-Haight Tokyo (HIP HOP

-Atmos (well... limited, collabo (porter, nike, NORTHFACE), hypebeast's wetdream,

-chapter (chapter is an actual retail store

-Factotum (comfort clothes

-Tokishirazu (amazing selection, they have a store on zozotown

-LUMP (whiz + rebirth

-Base Control (fujiwara flavored uniqlo... well sort of

-FIL (VISVIMs VISVIMs VISVIMs

-Kinetics (bags and stuff

-heat wave (cream-your-pants limited edition streetwear consignment store,

-headporter annex (you know...

-FAT (relatively new, very little exposure to overseas yet

-Revolver (hiphop id say

-nano universe (like barneys

-stormy (outdoor + hiphop

-new era flagship

-urban research

-balance (i love this store, limited stuff and streetwear

• 11 months later...

bump..haha...you guys might wanna move this thread to superculture.

i dont know about this shit saving my life, but it sure has hell fucked it quite abit.

anyone still actively paint? i know alot of you used too...as for me, i guess my most active years were late 2001-early 2004....2003 i pretty much painted every single night...im just paranoid as fuck to go all out again in this city...im stuck here until early 2009...i mean i still hit streaks, and scribes, and chill spots..frieghts every once in ahwile as well, but nothing like heavens and crazy freeway spots until im off paper...out of town, ill go nuts though...graffiti is like drugs to me man, nothing can beat that high doing a gully spot and cars driving by and your adreneline flowing...

i got a message from Grey about a week ago, he's putting out this 7" about his crazy time in london. www.provandals.com... i let you know when it comes out if anyones interested...

bump..haha...you guys might wanna move this thread to superculture.

i dont know about this shit saving my life, but it sure has hell fucked it quite abit.

anyone still actively paint? i know alot of you used too...as for me, i guess my most active years were late 2001-early 2004....2003 i pretty much painted every single night...im just paranoid as fuck to go all out again in this city...im stuck here until early 2009...i mean i still hit streaks, and scribes, and chill spots..frieghts every once in ahwile as well, but nothing like heavens and crazy freeway spots until im off paper...out of town, ill go nuts though...graffiti is like drugs to me man, nothing can beat that high doing a gully spot and cars driving by and your adreneline flowing...

i got a message from Grey about a week ago, he's putting out this 7" about his crazy time in london. www.provandals.com... i let you know when it comes out if anyones interested...

In all honesty, I was never as active as I would have liked to have been, and I wasn't "down with the scene" much until later in the game, by which time I was so sick of it that I wrote less and less. I think the truth of the matter is, I quit cause I couldn't bomb hard enough, or really devote my life to it like some of the kids I rolled with. (Rest In Peace Bore HOD.)

I have a feeling you and I might have some mutual friends out west though, shit, maybe even out east too. I still will love that shit forever though, and it's clear you know what I mean. I hit some streaks two nights ago in the G train stop, and it felt so good man.

Damn.

One of the best feelings in the world is rocking that flat black rusto all night in the snow. It's so quiet out there. So peaceful. You go home, smoke a blunt with your girl who just got home from work (it's like 5AM by this point), get some head, and then fall asleep with the purplish day light seeping through the curtains.

Hold tight everyone still out there crushing.

In all honesty, I was never as active as I would have liked to have been, and I wasn't "down with the scene" much until later in the game, by which time I was so sick of it that I wrote less and less. I think the truth of the matter is, I quit cause I couldn't bomb hard enough, or really devote my life to it like some of the kids I rolled with. (Rest In Peace Bore HOD.)

I have a feeling you and I might have some mutual friends out west though, shit, maybe even out east too. I still will love that shit forever though, and it's clear you know what I mean. I hit some streaks two nights ago in the G train stop, and it felt so good man.

Damn.

One of the best feelings in the world is rocking that flat black rusto all night in the snow. It's so quiet out there. So peaceful. You go home, smoke a blunt with your girl who just got home from work (it's like 5AM by this point), get some head, and then fall asleep with the purplish day light seeping through the curtains.

Hold tight everyone still out there crushing.

i can relate to most everything you said...

...its not a good life and nothing good comes outta it....true you get that fame if you tore, but you pay a price...its a nasty addiction....usually the outcome is always the same...gonna end up on paper and doing some time...any new jack wanting to get on the come up, i try and talk em outta it....and most writers are complete scumbags...thru the years, ive seen very very few end up living a nornal life..in all honestly, i wish i wouldnt have met like 80 % percent of the writers i met..they were not what i imagined them to be like..most writers have huge ego's, its nuts..

shit, RIP BORE...sorry to hear yall were close...dude had so many different styles and gave 110%..i never met him, but ive heard some crazy stories...dude went all US..just didnt take portland, but atlanta, baltimore, and oh so more...passed in 04?

friend me2/aims nsf gy just moved out to brooklyn...im curious to see if he's putten down..

• 4 weeks later...

There's one dude here, or used to be atleast (lacey, there's more in Olympia). He writes GRIM. There's like 3-4 tags, pretty nice. 2 throwies, one ok one on an overpass and a dope looking one on a fence...unfinished though.

Sometimes there's a traincars 'parked' on the tracks by my house, always nice stuff on those.