The Dark Knight

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy shit. heath ledger was so good. the lips licking, the laugh, the soft creepy voice, the swagger. suprisingly much more original than clockwork orange's alex or shining's nicholson or hannibal lecter. i feel like this is going to be the only movie i ever see in the theater twice.

just got back, absolutely stellar joker performance. seriously, 150min...not enough.

not to mess up this thread but found this: http://www.observer.com/2007/nicholson-furious-over-heath-joker

What do you guys think about Jack Nicholson being furious about not being asked to play joker? I think it was a good decision on Christopher Nolan's part, Heath Ledger captured Joker beautifully.

Will definitely see it again if i get the chance.

**spoiler**

Bale asks Freeman if the new batsuit will protect him from dogs, and Freeman jokes that it’ll protect him from cats.

frankly i think that is dumb as hell speculation, as dumb as the 14 year old kids in front of me in the theatre who said: "i dont get it, whyd he turn himself in, he isnt the batman??"

anyways, this disprove..

“In the first movie we use Ra’s Al Ghul and The Scarecrow, who had not been in the movies before, and had not been in the sixties TV show before. And there are dozens if not hundreds of other characters that fit that bill. Everyone says its gotta be The Penguin or Catwoman… well I completely disagree.”

before anyone asks why batman took the fall, you have to notice that batman was fighting against people who knew he wouldn't kill them.

Releasing info that the Batman has killed 5 people in a short span defeats all that. And now he is something to fear.

------

and conan, your quote doesn't really prove anything because nolan is completely disconnecting these movies from burtons and schumacher's. As far as speculation goes, its the closest thing we got.

However, ever villain in the movies thus far has not received a final fate.

i heard the next movie is going to have a larger story with TWO FACE and that nolan is going to stop making batman after the third installment.... soo after number 3 who knows how batman will look and how good of a movie it will be.

also was it just me or was the batman voice kinda corny? haha

ps. the villian i want to see in the next batman would be bane

Bane4s.png

i could care less about the next villain if there's a 3rd batman movie. hell, they could put in robin in the movie.. the franchise just needs to keep christopher nolan on board. nolan hasn't failed in directing a film he's put a screenplay out for.

a reinvention of bane on the bigscreen would be sick though.. let's see the bat break.

Yeah, Heath as the Joker was awesome. I almost forgot it was Heath under all that make-up.

I did feel a disconnection from Begins and Dark Knight, like two different feels for each. DK definitely felt more realistic while Begins still had elements of fantasy and the feeling of being in a set (Arkham Asylum/Island).

I doubt there would be a third installment.. Christian Bale said in an interview that he would love to do a third one only if the script was good enough for it..

If anything, they should continue the next one (IF they actually do go through) on the two face saga since they did sort of introduce how it began..

As for the deep voice, I swear, if i had watched this movie blindfolded I would've assumed I was watching metal gear solid or something..

Christian bale for solid snake!

He would definitely play the part well if anyone is willing to actually make a script for that game...

I've read rumours, and we all know there is always some truth to the rumour.. If true i'm definitely watchin..

****************SPOILERS****************

DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE!!

I have a few questions...

-How does the Joker get out of the holding cell?

-Does the Joker tell Batman the opposite of where Rachel and Dent are, or does Batman really intend to rescue Dent?

-Is Dent dead?

-Did Batman know Gordon wasn't really dead?

-How did no one else notice that the Joker was posing as a cop during comissioner Loeb's funeral/wake thing? I mean, his face is pretty recognizable.

-How was the Joker able to rig up explosives in that hospital? Come on!

-Why does the Joker give multiple reasons for his facial scars?

Anyway what a great movie! I think my favorite scene is when the Joker is hanging out of the cop car. I wasn't a big fan of Maggie Gyllenhaal's performance, but that's my only complaint. The opening scene was fantastic and really set the tone for the whole movie. I loved how Nolan stayed true to the comic book. I want to know about the Joker's background - why he's deranged, deformed, and murderous, but I think not knowing makes his character more mysterious and ultimately better.

I think they'll make a third Batman. Just not sure what direction they'll go with it now. The Dark Knight is going to kill at the box office. No way the studio execs are going to turn down what could be another $1 billion in box office revenue.