Fedoras and the like, whats good

homi29

In the market for a decent quality fedora..

i've really only worn new eras and snapbacks up to know, time to get on some grown man steez

any recommendations on stores to check out in Toronto, or brands to look for

Also like some bowler caps and the like

Guest StuckOnStupid

i've really only worn new eras and snapbacks up to know, time to get on some grown man steez

any recommendations on stores to check out in Toronto, or brands to look for

Also like some bowler caps and the like

ive seen how you dress. no offense intended at all, but i don't know if you can pull it off. it can look like an affectation on par with wearing a pocket watch or a monacle or smoking a pipe if not done properly. i feel weird wearing mine with anything but a plain-ish tee or short sleeved shirt, some beat jeans and clarks. some people say you should wear em with cords and not denim, but fuck them. definitiely never wear it with gaudy nikes.

why you want to be all growsed up already? the time is now to dress like an imbecile and chalk it up to youthful indiscretion. once you hit your late 20s your pretty much not allowed to be that guy.

but if yr dead set on getting one, go get your joey jeremiah on at "big it up" at the eaton center. quality headwear all the way.

yeah big it up is the only place i know..

no offense taken, but id be wearing it with a slim dress-shirt + skinny tie

or plain tee and chinos or khaki style pants and vans slipons eras or some other type of casual slim shoe or sneaker

i need something for work or evenings out that will allow me to stand out from the typical bro or club poser

Yeah, I'm with SOS. No offence, but with your headshape, its hard to pull off Fedoras or the like. I think I also have the same issue. I would love to be able to pull it off. Have you tried one on before to see how it looks?

Sean does it up nicely, if you remember from the meetup. Maybe going to H&M? Relatively cheap for starters.

i pull fedoras on the regular. got a straw one for summer, which ive wanted since i was a child. its stussy but you cant tell by looking at it (which is good in my eyes).

no doubt on the stussy comment, i just picked up a craazy straw fedora for summer myself, ill post a pic if chu doo...

step one for being a grown man...lossing the word "steez" from your vocabulary.

I've been lusting after the black straw Stetson Soho on this page:

http://www.sacredfeather.com/straw.html

I just don't know if I'm committed enough to wearing a hat to justify spending $65 on it; I'm pretty poor and I usually like to spend my money on jeans.

crazy, i was looking through the straw hats only to come across one that i liked... whats it called? my name! "The Brooks"

Guest StuckOnStupid
I've been lusting after the black straw Stetson Soho on this page:

http://www.sacredfeather.com/straw.html

I just don't know if I'm committed enough to wearing a hat to justify spending $65 on it; I'm pretty poor and I usually like to spend my money on jeans.

you gotta be very careful with straw hats. it gets sat on or bent the wrong way even once, and it's fucked forever.

A pretty good fedora by most standards will be at least 100+. I tried picking up a borsalino last year (180) but the moron at the hat shop wouldn't order me a new until his display one that was my size was gone.

Crazy that you mentioned borsalino, jet. I just purchased the nantucket walker since summer's coming up. I didn't know they've been around so long until after I bought it and googled the company.

borsalino-nantucket-walker-sm.jpg

....ummm that's not me.

Ha, I like that one too. The one I tried on looked real gangster so it was a little formal yet casual if that makes sense. Grey felted wool with suble blue plaid. One of my regretted non-purchases. Maybe I'll find it again one day.

you gotta be very careful with straw hats. it gets sat on or bent the wrong way even once, and it's fucked forever.

Thanks for the heads up SoS; I hadn't thought about that at all. Makes me think it's not such a good idea. Problem being I can't find another non-straw hat that's close enough to that Stetson in style and color for me to be interested in.

• 5 months later...

^ If I looked like one of the guys on that board, I'd hit it.

I like the hats worn in the Ann D. Runway shows. The black round ones. I don't know what they're called. Anyone tell me anything about em?

I would like to wear a fedora but I've got a funny shaped head (long oval) and I don't think that's the right shape for me.

Lets see some pics guys.