boat shoes discussion

hakim

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jmatsu
are the black patent sperrys women's?

i found these but theyre womens and the biggest size is 10 womens..so 8.5 for men, for 30 bux

psperry2eh7.jpg

psperrykw1.jpg

these are probably the womens. stupid logo on the back and driving shuz like sole on the back. 30 dolla? me still no like.

Guest jmatsu
patent leather sperrys? thumbs down.

a classic shoe should stay classic. patent leather sperrys give off trying-too-hard vibes, imo.

yeah fuck design, foward aesthetics, and innovation. as a matter of fact fuck shoes. we should just walk around barefoot. infact fuck you moms for sitting on your dad's nut that stained her parent's livingroom sofa. u b a load that should have been swallowed. or discarded in a tissue.

yeah fuck design, foward aesthetics, and innovation. as a matter of fact fuck shoes. we should just walk around barefoot. infact fuck you moms for sitting on your dad's nut that stained her parent's livingroom sofa. u b a load that should have been swallowed. or discarded in a tissue.

i'm fine with improved versions of classic designs (aka band of outsiders boat shoes), because band of outsiders maintains the overall aesthetic associated with original sperrys and reinvents it in an interesting way. patent leather on sperrys just seem so...urban-outfitters-like; it makes them too kitsch-- something that sperrys shouldn't be.

Guest jmatsu
i'm fine with improved versions of classic designs (aka band of outsiders boat shoes), because band of outsiders maintains the overall aesthetic associated with original sperrys and reinvents it in an interesting way. patent leather on sperrys just seem so...urban-outfitters-like; it makes them too kitsch-- something that sperrys shouldn't be.

oh yeah? well waddabout boo's fuckin jawns with no shoe laces? what now, nigga?

so just because patent was implemented, shit is not interesting? maybe in your opinion...but nobody cares about what you think. nigga do you even know what kitsch means?

I still don't know if i'm down with the patent blues. Blacks are a yes, whites are a maybe. I dunno. I got a guy working on a pair of blacks for me. Dunno wear he's going to find them. Hopefully, won't be too expensive. 10.5s are a popular size.

m1sterko- don't size down. they run pretty true to size. i went true to size and it's pretty much perfect without sucks.

j- i never saw patent sperrys in men's sizes until this past fall personally. I just assumed it was a wominz only thing till recently. I used to have some dino-esque sperrys till i lost one of them. I didn't even own anything patent except my half patent half suede reebok basketball shoes. Hot fire

Guest jmatsu
m1sterko- don't size down. they run pretty true to size. i went true to size and it's pretty much perfect without sucks.

j- i never saw patent sperrys in men's sizes until this past fall personally. I just assumed it was a wominz only thing till recently. I used to have some dino-esque sperrys till i lost one of them. I didn't even own anything patent except my half patent half suede reebok basketball shoes. Hot fire

yeah they pretty much run, true, but they are basically slip ons...the sperry patents.

could size down by a half and be okay i think.

come to think of shit the patents may have come out in 05. ask dino. he'd know. we talked about the black patents once along long time ago.

Yea, the sperrys i've owned kinda stretched a bit overtime. I've seen some beat to shit frat guy boat shoes that look really stretched out too. If you're between sizes you could maybe buy the lower one and wear em' for a bit. Assuming they all fit same true to size is good to go. If/when i get a pair of patent boat shoes, i wonder how the frat guys on campus will feel about them? I mean, they're boat shoes so that's cool for them, but i think the patent might make them too faggy to get bro-props

stop talking out of your ass you stupid fuck, if you knew anything about anything you would know that sperrys are boating shoes, originally intended to be worn sailing, band of outsiders did them in (among other materials) canvas, which is porous (even more so than leather) and soaks, therefore making them fail at serving their original purpose, on the other hand patent leather is water repellent and non-porous, so your shoes dont get wet, if anything it adds to the original purpose by not preventing your shoes get soaking wet (which is gonna happen anyways)

stop talking out of your ass you stupid fuck, if you knew anything about anything you would know that sperrys are boating shoes, originally intended to be worn sailing, band of outsiders did them in (among other materials) canvas, which is porous (even more so than leather) and soaks, therefore making them fail at serving their original purpose, on the other hand patent leather is water repellent and non-porous, so your shoes dont get wet, if anything it adds to the original purpose by not preventing your shoes get soaking wet (which is gonna happen anyways)

i'm not talking about the function of the shoe; i'm talking about how patent leather ruins the overall aesthetic.

and, to prove your point wrong, if canvas weren't a functional material, then why would sperry make canvas boat shoes?

http://www.sperrytopsider.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=903&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=143&iSubCat=144&iProductID=903&sColor=77