boat shoes discussion

hakim

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came across these in a Bally outlet for the same price as your typical Sperry Topsider. Extremely light weight, soft Italian leather, very comfortable.

1733-217603-5.jpg

1733-217603-7.jpg

1733-217603-p.jpg

615930f.jpg

not really boatshoes, but by sperry. was wondering if anyone came across any other colorway...

just ordered this:

9-D.jpg

i saw those (silver) the other day, i was thinking about ordering but im gonna wait, last year they marked shit down hard so imma wait for that see if i get lucky :)

yo jmats did you see the girl colorways, they aint half bad

Guest jmatsu
i saw those (silver) the other day, i was thinking about ordering but im gonna wait, last year they marked shit down hard so imma wait for that see if i get lucky :)

yo jmats did you see the girl colorways, they aint half bad

yeah i did. they was alittle fruit swaggin, but still pretty cool. i liked the aqua blue and the brown. cheaper than the fuckin silver one :( !!

i think i seen an all white patent somewhere too. japan apparently has some wild sperry shit, but nothing good showing up on the net just yet.

was also wondering about the distro of sperry. obviously buying differs everywhere, but why wasnt the silver or patent bitch models online? why have i never seen them at all the usual place that sell sperry? is it a special line or some stupid shit like that?

yeah i did. they was alittle fruit swaggin, but still pretty cool. i liked the aqua blue and the brown. cheaper than the fuckin silver one :( !!

i think i seen an all white patent somewhere too. japan apparently has some wild sperry shit, but nothing good showing up on the net just yet.

was also wondering about the distro of sperry. obviously buying differs everywhere, but why wasnt the silver or patent bitch models online? why have i never seen them at all the usual place that sell sperry? is it a special line or some stupid shit like that?

yea thats what i thought, also prices are almost double for the patent and triple for the silver so there must be something different. did i tell you? they had white patents when i bought my black ones, but the laces were that beeswax color

yo pm some jp sperry shit if you got any, i wanna see

Guest jmatsu
yea thats what i thought, also prices are almost double for the patent and triple for the silver so there must be something different. did i tell you? they had white patents when i bought my black ones, but the laces were that beeswax color

yo pm some jp sperry shit if you got any, i wanna see

i wanna see the beeswax shit!!!

sorry man, i couldn't find any good ones on the internets. i seen some wild shit b4 though...if i find a bunch of good ones, i'll scan/post on the blog.

Guest jmatsu
i don't think so. i got the black patent at a stride-rite outlet when i went to get my kids some boat shoes. seriously. $35

got my wife the blue patent. will post upon arrival.

go by me one and i'll give you a 10% proxy fee.

yeah that'd def be alright, but besides denim and certain colorways in shorts what else you gonna wear that brown shit with?

Good advice on the blacks, J. I think I might do that in the blucher. What I really want is the bluchers in a very dark brown. I'm wondering if I could polish the browns a much darker brown on top of the original polish without it looking shitty and give it a nice inconsistancy.

Chino, Khaki colored pants, summen linen pants. Denim. Seems pretty versatile. Brown isn't really a hard color to wear. For some reason, even though they are boat shoes (or mocs that look like boat shoes, whatever) I wouldn't really want to be seen in them with shorts.

I'm hoping that the bluchers aren't a tight fitting shoe as I like to show some foot and they're not too low cut. I think I'll wear them with khaki short-shorts and denim.

Guest jmatsu
Good advice on the blacks, J. I think I might do that in the blucher. What I really want is the bluchers in a very dark brown. I'm wondering if I could polish the browns a much darker brown on top of the original polish without it looking shitty and give it a nice inconsistancy.

true.

anyway i suppose if you got a brown you could always turn it to black if you ever got tired of it.

I dunno. I mean, i liked a few of the BoO sperrys but don't know if i want to pay double sperry costs for essentially the same quality shoe. If i can find em' at sub $110 i might grab one. Where you be pickin' em' up? You can just PM if you want. Living in florida gives me some leeway with wearing them a decent amount.

Jmatsu- Nice pickup. I remember seeing those a week or two ago while looking for different patent sperrys. I only saw them in women's sections/sizes though. I didn't realize they were the ones with the non-tying laces until you mentioned it.

the only pair of boat shoes i've seen that i liked are those midcut ndcs. never seen them in my size though. if i did i mite kop for gud summer lazin around shoe (size ten if anyone comes across them :) ). for the most part i don't like boat shoes at all.

edit: i just realized they are like three bills, fuck that