boat shoes discussion

hakim

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are from 3sixteen's upcoming Fall collection.

chibisuke, are those the sebagos? what you think about the quality? want to cop

Actually, they're Quoddy 819 Deck Boots.

I did wear a pair of Sebagos (I believe docksides) for almost two years, but had to retire them because my friends dog bit a hole into them while I was wearing them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pair of basically the same boots with the black camp sole. I was really contemplating getting a pair of the comparative Sebagos in a half size larger so I can wear them with socks more comfortably, but have not heard any first-hand accounts on their quality. If anyone has gotten the Sebago Lighthouse boots, hit me up or reply, please. Spanks.

It kind of depends on how thick of socks you wear. In my opinion.

I suggest you just go to a local Nordstrom's or something and try them on, they generally stock Sperrys.

Thanks for the quick response, but problem is I'm in Montreal homey, not too many retailers carry them over here. I'm planning on wearing them without socks actually this summer, then throwing on thin socks when the times get colder. Does that help you out?

Thanks for the quick response, but problem is I'm in Montreal homey, not too many retailers carry them over here. I'm planning on wearing them without socks actually this summer, then throwing on thin socks when the times get colder. Does that help you out?

I would suggest a .5 size down. But I mean they also have laces and stuff, so you can just lace it tighter/looser you know, so it should be fineee.

My only advice would be, if you decide to get the patent leather Sperrys you want to size up .5 from your normal Sperry size, at least in my experience. The patent leather is real tough and cuts up your feet more than the soft normal leather.

Hope that helps.

quick sizing question for quoddy boat shoes. do they run true to size or half size down? interested in getting the chukka's since i missed out on the sperry's at ftgg. thank you in advance.

Depends on the width of your foot. I went true to size on my chukka's and a half size down on my boat shoes because I was only planning on wearing them without socks.