boat shoes discussion

hakim

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for shitty pics my scanner is broken. New spring red wing Wabasha collection. Uppers are handmade in Maine. Chukkas feature vibram mini lug sole and boat shoe sole for low tops.

Photo2.jpg

Photo1.jpg

Photo3.jpg

Photo4.jpg

seen the samples and they were solid. wish they they came in alternate colors though.

it does kill it. its hard to imagine that someone somewhere along the way didn't say, "is that really a good idea?"

also, what's the general opinion on wearing the sperry x BoO boat boots with your jeans/pants tucked in? yay or nay?

it looks good if it doesn't look like you spent a whole minute tucking them in, just let the pants cuff lie on top of the boots (if the opening is small enough)

if u tuck them in completely, you look like an idiot, but if your cuffs go over them completely, you can see the form of the boots which looks ugly as hell

it looks good if it doesn't look like you spent a whole minute tucking them in, just let the pants cuff lie on top of the boots (if the opening is small enough)

if u tuck them in completely, you look like an idiot, but if your cuffs go over them completely, you can see the form of the boots which looks ugly as hell

yeah i think it looks good if the tuck is not overly tidy.

my wife thinks it looks "trendy" but i think that's because she is not used to it, and she is picturing it in her mind as being too planned out. and it is hardly a trend, at least where i live...

• 2 weeks later...

boatshoes_fit.jpg

boatshoes.jpg

found my dad's old pair of sebagos in the garage. i think he's had these since the late 80s but has since retired them for a more comfortable pair of ecco boat shoes. these are just for chillin around the house right now what with it being winter but i'm sure i'll recycle this fit in spring

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

never had a boat shoe before so someone help me out please... thatd be great

1. what's more versatile? im going to beat these around the spring so i'm thinking about just getting the sperry original boat shoes. (http://www.sperrytopsider.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=893&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=143&iSubCat=144&iProductID=893&sColor=41) should i stick with the original leather, or go for the navy leather?

2. no socks with these right? does anyone's tend to get a little nasty after a while... i won't lie, sometimes i get stinky feet, so anyone have any problems with hot sweaty days wearing boat shoes

3. any other things i should know about getting shoes... the do's the don't, to not look like the frat idiot who looks all goofy wearing them. how does sizing work?

thanks

I have four pairs of the ones you linked to (different colors.) Sizing is pretty true, but I've sized mine all down a half just to keep them snug. You don't want to have the laces pulled all crazy tight.

I only wear them without socks. Mine only started to get stinky after about 4-5 months of wear. Even then I have to wear them for a few hours before I notice anything. I keep meaning to look into some kind of odor neutralizer spray. I'm sure there's something that works.

And assuming you wear raw denim like most people on here, the brown is probably a better choice.