boat shoes discussion

hakim

Sperry 2010 Fall/Winter Footwear Preview

by Alex Milner, February 3, 2010

sperry-2010-fall-winter-preview-1.jpg

American footwear company Sperry have been making shoes since 1935 and are the current official footwear for US SAILING. It should come as no surprise then, that this latest collection of boat shoes has already started exciting shoe fans around the world. You’re looking at what’s to come from the Fall/Winter 2010 collection and as you can see, traditional boat shoes are in good number. Alongside the classic low cuts, are the Chukka-mid and Bahamas hi-top models, which are also set to release in array of colors and materials.

sperry-2010-fall-winter-preview-2.jpg

sperry-2010-fall-winter-preview-3.jpg

sperry-2010-fall-winter-preview-4.jpg

sperry-2010-fall-winter-preview-5.jpg

sperry-2010-fall-winter-preview-6.jpg

sperry-2010-fall-winter-preview-7.jpg

sperry-2010-fall-winter-preview-8.jpg

Source: Contemporary Standard

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Band of Outsiders 2010 Spring/Summer Collection

by Eugene Kan, February 19, 2010

band-of-outsiders-2010-spring-summer-collection-sperry-1.jpg

The 2010 spring/summer collection from Band of Outsiders has begun hitting stores around the world as Singapore’s Surrender is among the stockists. Known for their shirts, button-down shirts are joined by their seasonal collaborations with Sperry which include boatshoes and loafers.

band-of-outsiders-2010-spring-summer-collection-sperry-2.jpg

band-of-outsiders-2010-spring-summer-collection-sperry-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Check this shit out: been wearing my sperrys like once, just at work, and already the whole toe looks like shit:

img00075201005301158.jpg

It looks like a wrinkled cardboard or something. It's really weird cause the other shoe of this pair doesn't show anything like this at all. The leather feels really thin as well on this spot. Is this probably a manufacturing problem? I don't want to return these if it's something caused by normal wear.

Sorry for the cellphone photo, here's some better pictures.

4653074475_e1fb2d8e2a.jpg

4653074347_84fc543be5.jpg

Hope it's clearly visible this time. There's some wrinkles in the front of the shoe, it's really weird. This shoe also feels a lot wider in the front than the other one. I only worn these once, lightly, and the other shoe doesn't show any wear at all.

the hide they used on the left shoe must have been creased already.

theres nothing you can really do about that except possibly argue for an exchange.

that's what I was looking for. I love these, but the left shoe looks like crap. Just mailed the seller with some pictures to see if they will exchange them for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
that's what I was looking for. I love these, but the left shoe looks like crap. Just mailed the seller with some pictures to see if they will exchange them for me.

Forgot that I posted this. Anyways, I returned my pair and it indeed was a factory problem. Got a fresh pair back and been wearing those like over 10 times already. Still no creases like that or whatever. Even the sole looks better than it was on the last pair.