A Week In Barcelona

how...where to begin. try the search funtion because there are a few threads about bcn. as far as sneaks, conti 24k in el born (in front of the old franco station), and limteditions in barri gotico are excellent. bcn has pretty tight shoe culture so you'll def see a few things you haven't seen before at both these spots. check out the superfuture link on the non forum part of superfuture and they have some other places. there is a street of skateshops on the first street on the right of las ramblas but its pretty much just sbs. el born is def the best shopping district, its kinda like a nyc soho if you will. if you are looking for designer stuff, gucci, hermes ect check out passieg de gracia for all the bigger stores, its the madison ave. most stores in el born will have shop maps at the entrance along with free passes to clubs...but dude its barcelona get ready to party your fucking ass off. especially during b&b, labels will rent out clubs and bars...go to them, go to them all. telling me what are you into would help with nightlife recs. if you are there for a week, get an apt. stay unless you like hostels or poorly located hotels. most centric stuff is $$$. a good start is craiglist and loquo (spanish craigslist) for an temp apt. for places to chill...go to beach, smoke porros, and get drunk...you won't be alone. um yeah, enjoy it. a week won't do it justice but you'll have fun none the less.

definitley check out a place called "La Champagnerie"

its this little cave in the wall where you buy 2euro sandwiches and 2euro bottles of champagne!! well, prosecco to be more accurate. but yeah, damn fun place.

unfortutantely, i cna't for the life of me remember where it was, too many bottles...

I have really good advice for you: watch your damn wallet. Motherfuckers will jack your shit if you're not careful. The goddamn cleaning lady at our hotel tried to steal my mother's jewelry. Keep in mind, this was at a 4-star place, not some seedy shithole.

I have really good advice for you: watch your damn wallet. Motherfuckers will jack your shit if you're not careful. The goddamn cleaning lady at our hotel tried to steal my mother's jewelry. Keep in mind, this was at a 4-star place, not some seedy shithole.

Yes I' ve heard it...if they really want ya money they pull a gun or a knife or something...and then you don't have a choice..

Kinda shit!!

I try to be careful !

Yes, there's also about twenty million alleys where you can get stuck up. Stay on major streets, don't stand near churches too long, don't be near someone long enough for them to talk to you. If you see someone walking around in circles with nothing to do, they're trying to jack you. If you see someone hanging around in a side street, they're trying to jack you. If you see someone minding their own business, FUCK, they could be trying to jack you.

Restaurant tips:

For tapas, head to the renowed Tallerdetapas (Carrer de L'Argenteria) or Onofre (Magdalenes 19) with it's nice interior. You should be able to eat amazingly here for around €10. Sureny (Plaça de la Revolució 17) also gets the vote of approval.

If you want an unforgettable experience, go to Comerç 24 (Carrer Comerç). This is where they added some haute cuisine to their tapas, so to speak. They serve tapas, but with great finesse that rivals the best sushi in craftmanship. Not very authentic, but amazing stuff nevertheless! Beware though that you'll spend more than 10 Es here. Still definitely worth visiting though. See also http://www.comerc24.com/.

Summum (Passeig de Gràcia 65) - nice terrace to sit and have an affordable asian influenced lunch and watch all the eye candy that's passing by. Skip the sushi.

OVNI (Ronda San Antonio 11) - you can eat unlimited salads and sandwiches from the buffet for less than €10. Free internet and a superfuture interior to boot. Personally not my cup of tea, but worth a visit if you're on a budget nonetheless. Open for lunch only, closes at 18:00 I think.

Another (better?) budget tip: Very popular with the locals (including stunning Barca girls) is Udon (Montcada 6) in El Borne. Great meals, awesome young crowd. This is the place to make local friends which is essential if you want to know where it's at as a tourist. You probably need to wait for a table for a bit.

Agua (Pg Maritim de la Barceloneta 30) - *awesome* fisssssssssh, busy as hell, so make sure you drop in just ahead of the crowds. Nice sunny terrace with a great view of the beach/water. You probably have to wait for a table despite the fact that you made reservations - welcome to Spain.

For a very superfuture dinner, go for Es (Carrer Doctor Dou 14). €25 for a very good 3-course meal.

Salsitas (Carrer Nou de la Rambla, 22) is another cool spot. Prices comparable to Es and crowds can be a bit pretentious at times.

For the opposite - no frills, just authentic honest local cuisine, go for Mesón Jesús (Carrer Cecs de la Boqueria 4) and order the grilled praaaaaawns.. yumyum. Can Culleretes (Carrer Quintana 5) has been around since the creation of the universe as you can probably tell. Good honest local food and wine for affordable prices.

One last tip: Muebles Ciudad (WC/Ciutat 5) this is a cafe slash modelling agency. Go here either for breakfast or for cocktails in the bar. Or both.

That should about cover your week's stay, food-wise. :) Try not to cut down too much on food, as it would be a shame not to indulge when you're in Barca.

Have fun!

Restaurant tips:

For tapas, head to the renowed Tallerdetapas (Carrer de L'Argenteria) or Onofre (Magdalenes 19) with it's nice interior. You should be able to eat amazingly here for around €10. Sureny (Plaça de la Revolució 17) also gets the vote of approval.

If you want an unforgettable experience, go to Comerç 24 (Carrer Comerç). This is where they added some haute cuisine to their tapas, so to speak. They serve tapas, but with great finesse that rivals the best sushi in craftmanship. Not very authentic, but amazing stuff nevertheless! Beware though that you'll spend more than 10 Es here. Still definitely worth visiting though. See also http://www.comerc24.com/.

Summum (Passeig de Gràcia 65) - nice terrace to sit and have an affordable asian influenced lunch and watch all the eye candy that's passing by. Skip the sushi.

OVNI (Ronda San Antonio 11) - you can eat unlimited salads and sandwiches from the buffet for less than €10. Free internet and a superfuture interior to boot. Personally not my cup of tea, but worth a visit if you're on a budget nonetheless. Open for lunch only, closes at 18:00 I think.

Another (better?) budget tip: Very popular with the locals (including stunning Barca girls) is Udon (Montcada 6) in El Borne. Great meals, awesome young crowd. This is the place to make local friends which is essential if you want to know where it's at as a tourist. You probably need to wait for a table for a bit.

Agua (Pg Maritim de la Barceloneta 30) - *awesome* fisssssssssh, busy as hell, so make sure you drop in just ahead of the crowds. Nice sunny terrace with a great view of the beach/water. You probably have to wait for a table despite the fact that you made reservations - welcome to Spain.

For a very superfuture dinner, go for Es (Carrer Doctor Dou 14). €25 for a very good 3-course meal.

Salsitas (Carrer Nou de la Rambla, 22) is another cool spot. Prices comparable to Es and crowds can be a bit pretentious at times.

For the opposite - no frills, just authentic honest local cuisine, go for Mesón Jesús (Carrer Cecs de la Boqueria 4) and order the grilled praaaaaawns.. yumyum. Can Culleretes (Carrer Quintana 5) has been around since the creation of the universe as you can probably tell. Good honest local food and wine for affordable prices.

One last tip: Muebles Ciudad (WC/Ciutat 5) this is a cafe slash modelling agency. Go here either for breakfast or for cocktails in the bar. Or both.

That should about cover your week's stay, food-wise. :) Try not to cut down too much on food, as it would be a shame not to indulge when you're in Barca.

Have fun!

Bedankt!!!

Last time i was there i was dying to try this spot Pinochio off the ramblas in that nice outdoor market. It was always packed to the brim with real old local looking peoples, the food and wine looked too good for words. I cant wait for B&B this july to go try that spot. anyone with any experience with that place?