Favorite Quotes?

“Music creates order out of chaos: for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruousâ€

-Yehudi Menuhin

"Its easy to play any musical instrument, all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time, and the instrument will play itself."

-J.S. Bach

"Yoga flame" - Dhalsim

Not very poignant or thought-provoking, much unlike "yoga fire," which had some significance within that Cold War context. Plus, any Street Fighter historian would agree that Dhalsim's peak conincided with the emergence of Blanka. Hence, my affinity for the big Indian's first potent quotable...

I also approve of "Sonic Boom."

Dunno, if any of these have been done yet. These were the candidates for my senior quote, I eventually went with the Milton one.

The highest morality may also prove to be the highest wisdom when the half-told story comes to be finished. - Arthur Conan Doyle

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven. - John Milton

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. - Arthur Miller

"Men have forgotten this truth, " said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." Antoine de Saint - Exupery in The Little Prince

What is humility but truthfulness? There is no real difference. - Walter Hilton

Truth is never ugly when one can find it in what one needs. - Edgar Degas

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." Napolean Bonaparte

"But I'm the most cold-hearted son of a bitch you'll ever meet." Ted Bundy

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." Nietzsche

"Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?" Nietzsche

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." Nietzsche

"'Faith' means not wanting to know what is true." Nietzsche

" there is no way out of here, youve been killed, dont you remember" scientist from jacobs ladder.

"Now I see it clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. I see that now. There never has been any choice for me." - de niro

Churchill being my favourite

"Sir, if I were married to you, I would serve you posion in your wine."

"Madam, if I were married to you, I would drink it."

"Sir, you are drunk."

"Indeed, Madam, and you are ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober."

One kind word can warm three winter months

Cogito, ergo sum Latin: "I think, therefore I am" - RENE Descartes

Momento Mori

carpe diem quam minimum credula postero /sieze the day , trust as little in tomorrow as possible

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

Well begun is half done.

I get hungry outside, but I always eat at home.

(refering to women, looking at women outside but always going home to ones girlfriend.)

"Am I my brother's keeper?" -Cain (not that im religous )

Power is like being a lady... if you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

"What a sad thing you are! Unable to answer even such a simple question without falling back on references, and genealogies, and what other people call you! Have you nothing of your own? Nothing to stand on that is not provided, defined, delineated, stamped, sanctioned, numbered and approved by others?"

- Sebastian, Babylon 5.

"And, of course, there are the genius wonder boyz and Wall Street playerz whose algorithms and turpitudes underwrote the script of this horror show -- for all I know they'll end up laughing into sugary skull drinks on a beach in the Cayman Islands, or doing Chinese fire drills in federal prison (or simply ass-fucked on the granite countertops of their Tribecca aeries by mobs of angry, repossessed, swindled former American dreamers pouring into Manhattan from the tract house dormitories of New Jersey and Long Island)."

- Clusterfuck Nation by Jim Kunstler

• 2 weeks later...