and take snap shots

of shitty stuff

Originally Posted by soraanaam

young inexperienced pinoy father

who roams the beaches

and take snap shots

of shitty stuff

• 2 weeks later...

"Basically, when I look around, I see us living in a modern day Babylon, full of temptation, sin, distraction, corruption, injustice, and misguided fools being mentally enslaved. It seems to me the only way to wake people up from this kind of numbness is to destroy what they know: Their business, their places of commerce and their biggest place of gathering, the cities! Put it on their trains, on the lines they take to work, on their rooftops, on their highways, on anything just to make some people realize that culture isn't lost and that, at the very least, a small group of kids is fighting to keep it alive."

-Coda

"Basically, when I look around, I see us living in a modern day Babylon, full of temptation, sin, distraction, corruption, injustice, and misguided fools being mentally enslaved. It seems to me the only way to wake people up from this kind of numbness is to destroy what they know: Their business, their places of commerce and their biggest place of gathering, the cities! Put it on their trains, on the lines they take to work, on their rooftops, on their highways, on anything just to make some people realize that culture isn't lost and that, at the very least, a small group of kids is fighting to keep it alive."

-Coda

excuse me, what the fuck?

No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is a peece of the Continent, a part of the maine; if a Clod bee washed away by the Sea, Europe is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were, as well as if a Mannor of thy friends or of thine owne were; any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.

--John Donne

There comes a time in every man's life when he must spit in his own hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

--H.L. Mencken

"It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for the winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. And also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

i have got my fair share of mine!

".. though small, Singapore is a great place for people who are talented and dedicated. If you are born in America or Europe or even Japan, it will be an uphill battle."

- John Clang

".. the important thing in the design world is to be always thinking of something that isn't already done."

- Hussien Chalayan

.. McFetridge draws inspiration from the huge stack of sketchbooks he collected over the years.

“As a designer, you produce so much waste material. At least ten rough sketches precede every design. It’s such a waste to throw these away. I keep them all, and from time to time, I pick out a word of a line of approach from them, which inspires me into making something new. That’s how you can build a pathway for your own brain.â€

- George McFetridge.

".. I draw my inspiration from seeing other people fail and succeed. When I see failure, I try to take notes from it and do better and learn a lesson from someone else's mistake. Or even my own. When I see success, it just inspires me as it would anyone else. Take Michael Jordan. He is success. He embodies success 100%. That's why he's so inspiring. People want to accomplish a fraction of what he did. So when I see another artist succeed, or a young entrepreneur, or anyone, really, it pushes me to do great things myself."

- Chuck Anderson, NoPattern

My mother was enormously supportive without qualification. She convinced me I could do anything. My father was more resistant. He represented the resistance of the world. My secret realization was that I could use my mother to overthrow my father. But I realized not long ago what I had not been willing to admit in my life, and that was a presence of my father in myself. It’s a complicated issue when your identification with your mother is so complete.

- Extracted from Milton Glaser's interview

"Everyone is Creative. The ones that aren't are just lazy."

- Anonymous

"In my head, there is always something beautiful and something ugly, which are equal," Takahashi says. "Simple beauty does not interest me. But just ugly does not interest me either."

- Jun Takahashi

"My life has been adventure, " he says. "I see people sleep-walk through life, assuming one identiry when they're 16 and sticking with it until they die; that's not me."

- Patrick Wolf

"A fashion that does not reach the streets is not a fashion."

- Coco Chanel

I want to be different. I refuse to conform. I hang the sign "FUCK THE DESIGN" in my studio. A very big sign. This it literally my motto.

In my country, government encourages competition only, not individuality nor independent thinking, the education system tries to standardize every one. I want to change that.

I love to design for children; I want to create bigger thinking space for the next generation."

- Jun Takahashi, Under Cover

"I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talents. Curiousity obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism have brought me to my ideas."

- Albert Einstein

"Design is the method of action."

- Charles Eames

'I WOULD BE THE BRAIN, NOT THE HANDS OF OTHERS.'

- Jun Takahashi

“If the work does not evoke reactions like

surprise and desirability then it is not a strong piece of creation.â€

- Theseus Chan, Work Advertising Pte Ltd

"I don’t quit until I’ve won."

- Kenya Hara, MUJI's Creative Director

"My father, who was plain speaking and straight talking said, 'Isn't an artist a fellow who paints?' when told by one of my teachers that his son had the nature of an artist. It seemed I'd always been chasing after something, anything that might lead me into some more lit place, some unknown land downriver. I had not the vaguest notion of the broken world I was living in, what society could do with you."

- Bob Dylan

"I felt as if I'd swallowed an overcast sky."

+++Haruki Murakami

"In revolutionary times, those who accord themselves, with an extraordinary arrogance, the facile credit for having enflamed anarchy in their contemporaries fail to recognise that what appears to be a sad triumph is in fact due to a spontaneous disposition, determined by the social situation as a whole."

+++Auguste Comte

"men more quickly forget the death of their father than the loss of their patrimony"

- machiavelli

"the characteristic psychological problem of our time is the dissatisfaction that attends the fulfilment of our very most powerful desires"

- feinberg

"existence is random. has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. no meaning save what we choose to impose. this rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. it is not God who kills the children. not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. it’s us. only us."

- rorschach