HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a new mix of a song from the hardcore band I'm in.

Unfortunately we kind of stopped playing as the guitarist wants to work with a more melodic hardcore project, I really would like to do a powerviolence or grindcore thing.

• 2 months later...

what are some other good aus hc bands?  just picked up some sick new tapes from the dudes at cool death recs

i've been a dropout for a good 3yrs now so i'm way out of the loop, presuming you know extortion, pisschrist, benchpress etc? at the moment wigger nyhc style bands are big here.

Edited by conqueror

Just updated my blog for the first time in a few months with a post about 80s hardcore bands going metal -- for better and for worse.  The link is in my sig.

Great read, just the other day i was actually laughing with a friend about the infamous "Warzone 3" Record, how could they even think that it was passable to release? haha. 

Great read, just the other day i was actually laughing with a friend about the infamous "Warzone 3" Record, how could they even think that it was passable to release? haha. 

Thanks dude, glad you enjoyed it.  Yeah, that record is something else.  I guess you can put some of the blame the music biz, but holy macaroni.  There is a great promo shot from around this time with the dudes holding bright neon guitars.  Oof.

• 4 weeks later...

The last few years I've been listening to much more metal than hardcore/punk, but the last couple weeks I've been going back to my roots, listening to tons of discharge/disclose/framtid/anti-cimex, etc cause I started playing drums in a dbeat band with a couple friends. I'm fkn pumped on it, feeling 16 again. Not too into any current hardcore bands though, but I'm kinda out of the loop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

NDY was fun

i actually got into turnstile again.  damn that stupid groovy hc

you were up here? shoulda said whats up! were you at the cold world/turnstile gig? turnstile was best set i saw at the fest. was only at a few shows, art show tues, die/shit weds, karaoke thurs, worked the d unit (with sam bosson playing second drummer so fuckin sick)/puce mary show fri + afterparty, cold world sat and a bit of the matinee sunday. hectic fest, my man greg really went in this year, after static shock weekend a couple weeks ago and this i'm fuckin punked out until 2015 though

you were up here? shoulda said whats up! were you at the cold world/turnstile gig? turnstile was best set i saw at the fest. was only at a few shows, art show tues, die/shit weds, karaoke thurs, worked the d unit (with sam bosson playing second drummer so fuckin sick)/puce mary show fri + afterparty, cold world sat and a bit of the matinee sunday. hectic fest, my man greg really went in this year, after static shock weekend a couple weeks ago and this i'm fuckin punked out until 2015 though

oh damn, next time dude!  

i was actually there since wednesday (for the DiE gig)... went to all the aftershows at soybomb too.  karaoke party on thursday was hilarious haha.  jose was barely putting up the art stuff the day after on thursday, so i didn't really get to see everything pinned up.  i left the cold world gig after mindset, but i ended up seeing turnstile at the surprise set on sunday before i bounced to the airport.

i'll probably be back next year.  toronto is too sick 

oh damn, next time dude!  

i was actually there since wednesday (for the DiE gig)... went to all the aftershows at soybomb too.  karaoke party on thursday was hilarious haha.  jose was barely putting up the art stuff the day after on thursday, so i didn't really get to see everything pinned up.  i left the cold world gig after mindset, but i ended up seeing turnstile at the surprise set on sunday before i bounced to the airport.

i'll probably be back next year.  toronto is too sick 

haha funny to know i was in the same room as you like 5+ times over the weekend and had no idea. glad you enjoyed toronto and hit me up next time if you need food/bar/whatever recs