HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

whoa they back together? last time i saw em was one of their "so called final shows" back in like 2002...then i saw em before in 99.

bob jr. is always on constant play on the ipod.

haha holy shit coalesce, i thought they were long gone.... haha i still laugh at the thought of them covering the get up kids...

HOLY SHIT pist reunion show? goddamn...

haha holy shit coalesce, i thought they were long gone.... haha i still laugh at the thought of them covering the get up kids...

HOLY SHIT pist reunion show? goddamn...

you missed it coldrice. i missed it for the 3rd time too.

^^ The two bands shared a member. What song did they cover? I loved The Get Up Kids... actually, I still do.

my friends and i went to the get up kids last tour up in worcester at the palladium. we were by far the oldest kids there and were singing our hearts out creeping out the young kids.

^^ The two bands shared a member. What song did they cover? I loved The Get Up Kids... actually, I still do.

burned bridges.

im giving up on this one.

the get up kids/ coalesce split 7" with the fork on the cover and teeth on the back?

edit: if not, you might be thinking of the boy sets fire/coalesce split.

my friends and i went to the get up kids last tour up in worcester at the palladium. we were by far the oldest kids there and were singing our hearts out creeping out the young kids.

I didn't go to that one, but I went to the one before that at the Avalon (or it may have been the Axis?) with Rocky Votolato. Amazing show, amazing set... I remember "Shorty," "No Love," "Ten Minutes," Campfire Kansas," "I'll Catch You," "I'm a Loner...," etc. etc... I was going nuts. Fuck the kids.

Funny part of that show... this "yah d00d" kept hassling Rocky during his set and yelling "DASHBOARD!!!" Rocky stopped mid-song and just told the kid to check the year on the back of his albums. Everyone just laughed at the drunk kid... it was good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just picked up Born Against's "Rebel Sound of Shit and Failure" CD...

This is a great record, makes me feel old think about when I get that :(

I can't really comment on all the FSU/Gang problems because its not an issue in the Uk really - there are some tougher scenes where kids dance harder but there are (reasonably infrequent) fights everywhere, just like there would be at a club or whatever - i'm not sure its all linked.

Plus I don't really think its the specific bands fault, so by trying to name and shame the media isn't going to solve anything just increase noteriety and expectation of violence at those kind of shows.

Is the get up kids/coalesce split still available? I have the Boysetsfire(its a shame what they became) split which is awesome but never got around to pick that up.

This is a great record, makes me feel old think about when I get that :(

Hell yea...Born Against is definitely one of my favorites... have you checked out Sam's other projects...specifically Wrangler Brutes (hardcore with some thrash tendencies...who's 2nd LP was done by Steve Albini). NOT Born Against...but still really fuckin' good compared to alot of this recent shit.

Funny shit is, in mentioning Born Against and the shit portrayed in that Stone article (whether accurate to FSU heads or not...the shit still exists with other knuckleheads or crews...not due to their favorite bands), hearing "Born Against Are Fucking Dead" with the patented NOO YAWK HAWDCOA warning over the answering machine. That song is fuckin' great...as is the comedy present in the voice message.

cold world?

I love Cold world. First new band i've really enjoyed since the debut Modern Life is War record came out!

Hebay: will get them checked out asap

Double D: The newer Rise and Fall record is brilliant, always had time for those guys but they have really improved.

You into the Break In - a little more "local" for you and I - but their newest record is right on top of that cleveland style and has some great moments!

You into the Break In - a little more "local" for you and I - but their newest record is right on top of that cleveland style and has some great moments!

Haven't seen them yet, they're playing in about 6 weeks so hopefully I'll catch them then.

Speaking of local bands, Ghost of a Thousand are going from strength to strength at the moment. Look like they might become the next Gallows if the media hype they've suddenly generated keeps up.

I feel a bit weird posting in this topic, or the metal topic for that matter. Needs to be a tech/math/grind topic methinks.

Haven't seen them yet, they're playing in about 6 weeks so hopefully I'll catch them then.

Speaking of local bands, Ghost of a Thousand are going from strength to strength at the moment. Look like they might become the next Gallows if the media hype they've suddenly generated keeps up.

I feel a bit weird posting in this topic, or the metal topic for that matter. Needs to be a tech/math/grind topic methinks.

sounds like you need to start the topic DD.....ill see you in there ;)

sounds like you need to start the topic DD.....ill see you in there ;)

Are you guys going to talk about Dillinger Escape Plan?;)

there's a young northwestern technical metalcore band called owen hart blowing minds up and down the coast. I've played a few shows with them and seen them a few more times, and I'm not usually someone who listens to stuff like that, but they're pretty fucking great. they have some pretty weak new song up on their myspace though, i'm hoping it's a joke.