HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

IuOPkIdT6dM#t=1m57s

Saw Mind Eraser yesterday... still heavy after all these years.

I approached DFJ after the show and asked him what's up with him and Clegg and bringing back his other band "Dead Black"... not gonna happen soon or something.. :(

but he has a new band with Clegg, called "Prisoner Abuse" ? Don't have too much info on this..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i haven't been to a real show since the last sound and fury. am I a poser?

counting down the days. see you guyz there.

@anthonyoj you should definitely meet up with me and tylortakahisa one of the days. not sure if I'm going for the whole weekend.

@madaparka come on down man from the bay man. it'll be a rager

saw touche amore with title fight, the menzingers, and dead end path last night at the first unitarian in philly.

weirdest bill ever. dead end path was a little too chug-chug generic metallic hardcore for me, touche ruled and played a good mix of new and old, didn't really listen to the menzingers, and title fight sounded great. It was honestly the most eclectic mix of musical styles i've heard in a while, but title fight picked bands "they wanted to listen to everynight" as they put it.

Still don't know why kids were moshing during title fight though... maybe philly kids just want to mosh? (first time in philly, so totally generalizing) had some good parts which would have elicited a nice west coast circle pit, but never happened. (biggest thing i miss from the gilman, NOBODY knows how to circle pit in NY, or the east coast it seems...) Overall it was a great show, catch it if it's near you guys.

also on another note, jeremy from touche is the nicest dude ever, he got one of our friends into the sold out show after we just talked to him about it, super rad dude.

ugh, weekend nachos suckssss.

godamn, the new new lows album is fucking HEAVY and i don't really like that kind of hardcore for the most part. I'm considering going to tht SF show from the tour posted above, but I know i'm gonna get annoyed at aggro moshers. All those bands are sick though, except bitter end who I've never heard. I'm pretty into the later entombed vibe I get from some nails songs. Especially the guitar tone, total left hand path worship!

There was a full on circle pit when I saw DRI at gramercy last week

ok not surprised about that. need to go to more hardcore thrash shows. maybe i'm going to the wrongs shows, but cali definitely has more circle pits based on the bands i've seen play at the gilman and then playing somewhere in NY.

*edit

and to answer your question mapclub, the only australian hardcore band i know is carpathian and i thought they were pretty good. sucks they broke up though. any recommendations of aus. bands to listen to?