HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

Quote:

i never knew so many kids were into the core on here.

i grew up in virginia beach area, so i went to VA beach, richmond, and DC shows.

-bladecrasher

-unbroken

-leeway

-no justice

-antidote

-the first step

-bad brains

-7 seconds

-avail

-underdog

-inside out

-judge

-alone in a crowd

bands that im into now

-last nerve

-down to nothing

-iron boots

--- Original message by dutchxoven on Jun 13, 2005 04:09 PM

fuck...timmy (bladecrasher/no justice) is one of the wildest dudes ever. what's your name dutchxoven? i used to go to shows in the dc/rva/vabeach area, too. i don't know how i didn't add alone in the crowd or no justice to my list. consider them added.

RHFIV

Edited by krush021 on Jun 13, 2005 at 09:12 PM

Quote:

Any good hardcore ended in the 80's.

Nothing since then is worth listening to.

--- Original message by FILTHY on Jun 13, 2005 04:52 PM

Converge, the dedication, as the sun sets, backstabbers inc., BANE... all "post-hardcore" but they all blow agnostic front out of the water nontheless...

Looky here, it's just the way the cookie tear. Prepare to get hurt and mangled like Kurt Angle, rookie year.

urban sprawl....nice list of bands....hella old emo shit hahahah..ordination & julia

i'm in two hardcore bands...one in san diego and san francisco

www.myspace.com/fightfair - san diego

www.myspace.com/seeingmeansmore - san francisco

i'm 19 and i've been into the hardcore scene since i was around 15....

we're all fashioncore fags

Edited by alexbigman on Jun 14, 2005 at 02:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:

i never knew so many kids were into the core on here.

i grew up in virginia beach area, so i went to VA beach, richmond, and DC shows.

-bladecrasher

-unbroken

-leeway

-no justice

-antidote

-the first step

-bad brains

-7 seconds

-avail

-underdog

-inside out

-judge

-alone in a crowd

bands that im into now

-last nerve

-down to nothing

-iron boots

--- Original message by dutchxoven on Jun 13, 2005 04:09 PM

fuck...timmy (bladecrasher/no justice) is one of the wildest dudes ever. what's your name dutchxoven? i used to go to shows in the dc/rva/vabeach area, too. i don't know how i didn't add alone in the crowd or no justice to my list. consider them added.

--- Original message by krush021 on Jun 13, 2005 09:10 PM

yea..timmy green is nuts..hes chilled out a bunch now, but ive been a fair few fights b/c of that cunt. haha...like hanging out somewhere and he just throws a punch at someone, and before i know it he has a chair in his hands ready to slam it on someones face, and then b/c im standing next to him i have to fight someone else...its fucked. haha

i swear bladecrasher and no justice brought it out of anyone.....like full on, just shit your pants.

oh yes...i forgot to add warzone to my list.

...but yea, my names brian johnston...im actually from newport news. they called me bad news brian...whats your name krush021? where ya live now? ...im in greensboro NC.

.......and THEN i pulled out.

Edited by dutchxoven on Jun 14, 2005 at 03:58 PM

evolve? i'm not sure if you're being a dickhead on purpose, but i think it's obvious that hardcore has played a big part in alot of our (supertalkers) lives (even though we didn't know it before this thread). it sounds like most of us aren't so much into it anymore...just getting a li'l nostalgic. it's not like we're talking about the "sick pit" or "killer mosh" at last night's hatebreed show. nor about the "faggot" we beat down for bumping into us. i mean, you didn't have to click on the link. maybe supershopper isn't the right arena for this topic, but i don't see how it's different from talking about movies or anything else. it's just conversation. personally, i think that stereotyping is for either kids or simpletons.

evolve? i don't know if you're trying to be a dickhead, but it's obvious (after reading this thread) that hardcore has played some part in a lot of our (supertalkers) lives. i mean, don't get all fucking uptight...it's just conversation. it doesn't seem that most of us are really involved in it anymore...we're just getting a li'l nostalgic. i'm terribly sorry if you went to some show and got clobbered by some mean harcore kids, but personally, i think stereotyping is for either kids or simpletons.

RHFIV

I can see being nostalgic about it and that is cool, but comments like "hardcore saved my life?" Come on, are you 14? When I was in the Oakland punk scene I saw OBHC smashing heads in and shooting guns at warehouses, that shit is not cool. A bunch of pissed off drug addicts (and vegans!) determined to ruin every party they could find!

Carpe Denim!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

Quote: "hardcore saved my life?" Come on, are you 14? When I was in the Oakland punk scene I saw OBHC smashing heads in and shooting guns at warehouses, that shit is not cool. A bunch of pissed off drug addicts (and vegans!) determined to ruin every party they could find!

Yes, I'm 14. Actually, okay 13, but going on 14.

Look, I guess you weren't down with the hardcore set in the East Bay - oh well.

But for many of us, that's our background, and it did a lot for us in the long run.

If you grew up punk, then I guess I can say the same thing for the gutter punk crust kids shootin up outsde the clubs, or the skins who ruined many good shows, or the blah blah blah. How're you gonna go and knock an entire music subculture based on some knuckleheads who ruined your parties?

I had a lot of homeys in OBHC, and I spent a lotta time helpin out at the Gilman, and posting up with some really down hardcore kids from that neck of the woods. If you got your face kicked in by some militant cat, that sucks. But damn, you're making some crazy broad generalizations there.

oh, and i didnt even comment on this quote yet:

Quote: music that only caters to the emotions of rage and anger are for either kids or simpletons. EVOLVE

Didn't you just say you had punk background? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Punk being rooted in flowers, tree-hugging, and care bears.

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

Edited by bobbyhundreds on Jun 16, 2005 at 12:10 AM

• 4 months later...

Im from Korea and in Boston right now. Since 2001, I got into hardcore here.

The First step, bane, have heart, verse, etc.. Lots of great bands are still active around the states. I love to go to the shows, to take a picture of them, to see nice people in the scene.

It's really nice to hear you guys in this board.

Hardcore sucks! The late 80's had a lot of good bands and since then not much has happened that's new and appealing. Since getting into hardcore I've met too many shitty people, seen tons of terrible fights, listened to some god aweful bands and delt with people thinking they are the bees knees because they know this band or have these jeans on or got into the show for free. I had some good times going places (mostly the east coast) and met a few amazing people who are still my good friends.

Straight edge only exists cause fuck ups need some place to go so they can feel cool too. Everybody needs somewhere to fit in.

Only bands in HC right now I know are friends bands. Otherwise, I don't check it out anymore.

Razzle Dazzle, Mental, Cold World, Mind Eraser, LOJ and Violent Minds

If I lived somewhere other than Detroit I'd probably feel differently.

It takes strength to be gentle and kind.

Edited by youwish on Nov 13, 2005 at 07:54 PM

i guess all the fashion conscious from the b9 have migrated to superfuture or something... i didn't know so many people here listened to hardcore.

i live in toronto, and have absolutely nothing to be disillusioned with right now - fucked up, career suicide, urban blight, terminal state, gunnar hansen, dirty black summer, haymaker reformed for the 5987810th time, the kill decibel. outside of here, however, i'm not really so impressed... everything is diluted.

Edited by canice on Nov 13, 2005 at 08:57 PM

I hardly ever post here but I think that I should in this thread...

hardcore was huge for me growing up, it really gave me something to do and I have to agree with the thought that it may have saved my life.

the bands that I have listed to over the years have been stuff like

judge

inside out

a bunch of youth crew and rev stuff

moving up in time to 90s era

drift

one eyed god prophecy

union of uranus

his hero is gone

acrid

fall silent

(its wierd...my memory is all over the place right now so I cant remember it all in order)

but I started listening to more fringy stuff about 10 years ago

angel hair

portraits of past

the vss

camera obscura (sd)

get hustle

and it just keeps going evolving devolving I always break out the classics and mix them into what I listen to now. its hard to get away from something that was such a big part of your life.

Ill still throw on some bad brains or some fucking minor threat and follow it up with king crimson then ian brown, its like you could take the kid out of hardcore but you cant take the hardcore out of the kid.

This conversation depends on your definition of hardcore so much that it is futile to try to have it in the first place. There are tons of scenes that are still as vibrant as ever that don't involve guys in girl's jeans. For fuck's sake, we've got guys who're more mindful of their next Dior Homme piece than the next 7 inch they're gonna get talking about hardcore, give me a fucking break.

There are guys from the olden days who think '81-85 until emo came out Dag Nasty , is the only hardcore.

I used to say i was into hardcore, but mainly i listened to big black and the butthole surfers , and some flying nun stuf [not the bands that influenced Pavement though].

When I heard Laibach i said i was into industrial.

Hardcore wasn't really a style of music, as far as i remember it.

teisco.gif

Edited by haptronic on Nov 13, 2005 at 11:13 PM