HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

my perverse sense of self-service is excited that t-shirt companies are now making hardcore references, because i don't get most of the hip hop ones. YOT is corny as shit. i love this band, but i don't see how any brand could pull it off (though i invite someone to post picture of said item to prove me wrong)

all the t shirts and patches i had were home made and worn till they died [DRI, Black Flag, Flipper,millions of dead cops...] that t-shirt was brought back from the state by a skinhead friend and i wore it till it died...

moved too many times and lost the original copies of mine and my brothers nzhc zine... in the 80's everything was done by mail...so we would send questions to bands we liked and if they sent back the were in...

sold all my records a few times...managed to steal an original pressing of angry samoans back from samoa...off my brother a few years ago...they saved hitlers cock cracks me up everytime...

i have nothing but memories sorry headtowall

i have nothing but memories

I feel you on that. Only thing I have left are copies of the zine me and some friends did back in the 80s. Since we were in OC, we were friends with all the big hitters of that day like Insted, NFAA, Hard Stance, Carry Nation, Headfirst, Inside Out, Reason to Believe, etc etc.

Hmmm... my family is from OC. My cousin went to high school with Zack De La Rocha. You guys probably know each other.

I wonder if have old zines that I used to do. I had brief epistolary interviews with Justin P. from Swing Kids/Struggle and Bull from Policy of 3. I guess the internet has all but annihilated zines, huh?

Hmmm... my family is from OC. My cousin went to high school with Zack De La Rocha. You guys probably know each other.

crazy. I might know or know of your cousin, as I knew quite a few of those Uni-High kids. Zach came up to my radio show on KUCI and would hang out, as would many from the Uni-Crew.

I can't wait to see that movie "American Hardcore" that opens this coming weekend.

crazy. I might know or know of your cousin, as I knew quite a few of those Uni-High kids. Zach came up to my radio show on KUCI and would hang out, as would many from the Uni-Crew.

I can't wait to see that movie "American Hardcore" that opens this coming weekend.

that movie called NYHC "right wing" wtf?

i totally feel the people who mentioned gravity records.

did anyone get into michigan militia/council records shit like ottawa, jihad, current etc etc?

i know this is not supermarket, but i would love to sell some shit that i don't listen too.

please give me want lists (stuff from gravity/ebullition/old jade tree).

off the top of my head:

antioch arrow-gems of masochism

make up- most of the 7"s

cupid car club 7"

btw: did anyone get the new (old) make up live album"untouchable sound." i couldn't resist.

i never heard acme...what are they like?

some of the last and heaviest stuff i listened to (i think) years ago would have to be union of uranus,nema, behead the prophet and shotmaker.

shamefully the stuff i still listen to is the vss, uoa,nou, make up and the great unravelling.

i used to adore tony joy and ian svenious.

i admit to owning crucial youth, slapshot and that ray n' porcell hare krishna chant ep.

bob tilton-someone mentioned them earlier. i had one random seven inch. this is the english band, right?

denim: applause. you definitely know this shit! any new interesting bands that i should be on the look out for? i pretty much stopped buying after around 98'.

anyone get into the new postpunk/italo disco shit from troubleman unlimited?

chromatics/glass candy, italians do it better stuff?

i am looking for glass candy cdr's from their show and would pay or trade for these.

just curious, but what does everyone listen too now days (if you don't listen to punk/hardcore that is)?

bob tilton-someone mentioned them earlier. i had one random seven inch. this is the english band, right?

denim: applause. you definitely know this shit! any new interesting bands that i should be on the look out for? i pretty much stopped buying after around 98'.

bob tilton, yeah, english band. the two 7"s i can think of:

of pen and pocketknife

wake me when its springtime

both really good still after all these years!

jmatsu, i did THE BIG SELL-OFF in 96, so you tell me!

ACME was super heavy, um. metal. not melodic. vocalist like loud static. guitars that sound like they are going through solid-state amps using cheap distortion pedals (though i could be way off base on that point)------------REALLY HEAVY!

i only have one 7" from them, but so hard to google "ACME" and come up with anything relevant.

remember STARKWEATHER?

i would kill to have that shit again

"every stone that you cast upon me, bruises me lovingly"

love those lyrics

anyone remember bleed?

denim, you are bringing back the golden oldies. i totally understand what you mean by the "big sell off."

i tried to do this, but it never worked out. i was still so elitist-ignorant(i counldn't just sell it to anyone) at the time that i just gave my shit away or traded if for stupid stuff to other "scenester-friends."

the bubble burst for me around 98'. ebay was yet to be created we corresponded by mail not email, so i never had the chance to make my money back.

all of my friends grew out of it, so i just had no one interested in buying.

do you remember that whattheheckisemo site by andy radin. that shit still kills me!

were you in some band? i think you may have mentioned wanting to be in a band again...

you know, actually the sell-off was probably 97.

yeah, i was in bands until very recently. played basement shows around philly and providence, RI, and NJ, but that's it. no fame. no extended touring. nothing but demos. never pressed any records. a lot of heavy petting, but no happy ending...

:(

i still want to do a split 7" someday, but alas...

i had that bleed/POP split 7"-------that record KILLED.

how is VUE?

i always see their CDs in dollar bins, so i don't know if they are slept on, or suck

i never gave vue a fair chance, but from what little i heard they it seemed to me like theystarted getting on the dance punk/rnb ala delta 6 (was it 6?) bandwagon