HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

last week i dug up the Econochrist "skewed" 7"------read along with the lyrics; strange, i agree absolutely, but i've been living in bad faith

read the last issue of "no answers" that was included with the 7"-------kent mcclard's existential rant rang true, but he called out a former friend for "selling out" and i ended up feeling rather indignant

we all have to find our own way through life; i can sleep at night----a decent barometer

oh, and i dug up the hoover/lincoln split 7"; realized it was the first art monk construction release.

damn, i forgot about all that... INSIDE OUT fucking ruled. it is weird when a vocalist sounds entirely different depending on the band they are in

another case: ray cappo

Jump to: navigation, search

Ebullition Records is an independent record label and distro based out of Goleta, California. It publishes HeartattaCk, a 'zine focusing on independent punk and hardcore from around the world which is informed by an anti-consumerist and D.I.Y. ideology.

[edit]

History

In early 1990, former Maximum RocknRoll columnist Kent McClard started Ebullition Records with contributions from Sonia Skindrud (writer of Exedra 'zine) and Brent Stephens (member of Downcast). Skindrud came up with the name, and Stephens drew the logo, however the label is primarily run by McClard.

Los Angeles metalcore band Inside Out was meant to record an LP as the first Ebullition release. However, Revelation Records asked them to release a 7" instead, and the band chose the more established label. The record wasn't released for another year, after the band had broken up and reformed as Rage Against The Machine

Incidentally, Inside Out did plan to do a second record called "Rage Against the Machine", which was a phrase Kent coined in some writings he did for the 'zine No Answers #9. They never managed to finish this second release and singer Zack de La Rocha ended up using the phrase for the title of his next band.

Ebullition's first release came out in late 1990. Kent had been doing No Answers 'zine since 1983 and the ninth issue came with the Downcast 7" (Ebullition #1). Ebullition released 3,000 copies of No Answers #9 with the Downcast 7" and after those were sold the 'zine and 7" became separate products.

downcast------THAT was a band. i forgot about them entirely.

manumission! i did distro for a short time (mainly ebullition; just so that i could get free records for myself, use them to trade for other 7"'s at shows, and hook up my friends), and the binary lung 7" was one of the records i used to hock. sweet memories.

i think the first 7" i ever bought was SAWHORSE; purchased from a small box of 7"'s in zipperhead on south street, philadelphia, when i was in junior high

yeah! i still have a couple BOB TILTON 7"'s; i've never met anyone else that even heard of them; waaaay out there for that time in hardcore; awesome packaging, even.

i don't know "wolves of greece", though; probably came out after i sort of lost interest in this music

my turn:

anyone remember ASSFACTOR 4 from NC?-----their drummer sat on a cooler and they all sang (screamed); i saw them twice or thrice and they have been extremely memorable shows; i wouldn't sell their records for anything

yeah! i still have a couple BOB TILTON 7"'s; i've never met anyone else that even heard of them; waaaay out there for that time in hardcore; awesome packaging, even.

i don't know "wolves of greece", though; probably came out after i sort of lost interest in this music

my turn:

anyone remember ASSFACTOR 4 from NC?-----their drummer sat on a cooler and they all sang (screamed); i saw them twice or thrice and they have been extremely memorable shows; i wouldn't sell their records for anything

thought you said the japanese thrash band ASSFORT for a second. seriously, how great was Orchid?

Thats cool, I used to work with their singer, Simon, really really nice man. We worked in a record store together and was in awe of their music. Not my thing at all but i could see how amazing they were. I had heard they were known in the 'right' circles (played with Shellac etc...). I used to deal with Kent at ebullition too, again nice man.

Wolves only released one 10" ep, one side of lost, yet direct emotion that blows pretty much anything else in the area away, amazing. If there are any mp3s out there I would recommend anyone to take a listen to any Tilton or wolves, stunning music, like ddml said, way ahead of their time and live they were better than anyone!

ok, i could get down with supreme bad brains shirts, i thought the fucking awesome judge and integ rips were lame already but now aNYthing is topping it with YOT RIP OFF shirts? WTF?!

anything%20f06%20tees-1-9.jpg

thinking about all the hypebeasts who have never even heard of hardcore, youth of today or straight edge, who will just wear this because it's an aNYthing shirt makes me want to vomit.

ok, i could get down with supreme bad brains shirts, i thought the fucking awesome judge and integ rips were lame already but now aNYthing is topping it with YOT RIP OFF shirts? WTF?!

thinking about all the hypebeasts who have never even heard of hardcore, youth of today or straight edge, who will just wear this because it's an aNYthing shirt makes me want to vomit.

whatever, at least its a decent nod.

i actually really dig that shirt. then again, i'm not a hypebeast, and i've heard of hardcore, youth of today, and straight edge.

• 3 weeks later...

bump up this shit....

i found sxe/hardcore while recovering from a little problem i had with heroin/opiates so i guess im a little different from most sxe kids.....i wont get into my war stories but thank god for this shit..

bobbyhundreds...that LA article/list you wrote for the new mass appeal was awesome...ups.

punk hardcore torrents is an amazing site. i just got so much shit. crudos discography, man afraid discography, a proletariat demo, its awesome.

i actually ended up uploading a ton for the kids.

violent society, el dopa, proletariat live cd, teengenerate, a ton of stuff.

i suggest everyone do the same and sign up for this shit, i never do vinyl rips, but these people do.

punk hardcore torrents is an amazing site. i just got so much shit. crudos discography, man afraid discography, a proletariat demo, its awesome.

i actually ended up uploading a ton for the kids.

violent society, el dopa, proletariat live cd, teengenerate, a ton of stuff.

i suggest everyone do the same and sign up for this shit, i never do vinyl rips, but these people do.

Link for this?