Best Burger I EVER HAD was...

plongin

has anyone tried the triple triple animal style? fucking monstrous

damn im craving some in n out

4x4 animal style...be a man...

lol fuck In N Out sucks now...before there was no limit...you could've gotten a 100x100 if you wanted (which someone did)

after that incident they made the limit..

Homemade burgers will always reign supreme.

Why?

Because the taste is timeless. You'll always know wat a homemade burger taste like, and it will never get old.

And when you truly crave a burger, the taste that will truly satisfy you will be the taste from a homemade burger.

But I love In N Out.

Homemade burgers will always reign supreme.

Why?

Because the taste is timeless. You'll always know wat a homemade burger taste like, and it will never get old.

And when you truly crave a burger, the taste that will truly satisfy you will be the taste from a homemade burger.

But I love In N Out.

lotta truth in this...

• 4 years later...

19652510150133214403620.jpg

cheeseburger at the little owl in nyc

i've been to many burger places, but none have been as memorable as this one

i get fond memories every time i look at this pic

juicy, beefy, cheesy goodness!

but.. i'm not normally a fan of thickass burgers now.

been experimenting at home with smash/fried thin patties cooked in beef fat (nice and crispy!)

some of the burgers that come out of my greasy cast iron pan have been some my most favorite burgers

Edited by Vampyrvargfesten

white mana in hackensack is ethereal slider heaven. steamy oniony goodness

bill and hiroko's is a tiny-ass shack in van nuys. good ol' griddled burger, american cheese with generic white bread is just classic

pie 'n burger in pasadena is not really consistent, but when theres a good cook behind the griddle who knows how to get that perfect burger crust, the burger is 10x better than any in n out burg

yo i know there are a lot of burger connoisseurs on here

what are good lesser-known spots? unknown greasy spoon joints??

Edited by Vampyrvargfesten

• 3 months later...

just passed on kuma's corner earlier today. Great burgers are pretty common in my area, I think I've overdosed. Blacows in Ebisu does the best burger in the world right now, or at least pretty close to it. Kuroge wagyu black angus patty, bun is a collabo between Blacows and Maison Kayser (once a winner for the best baguette in Paris) - toppings all cost extra including lettuce and tomato but all are good. Skip the house tartare and BBQ sauce they normally use and dress the burgers yourself.

523537_10150620075321946_570181945_9529886_1077547532_n.jpg

I can't remember the best one ever, just the best local ones. 5-8 Club and Matt's both have "Juicy Lucys" but 5-8 trumps with vast cheese selections...Matt's takes the cake on straight up cheeseburgers fried in their secretly seasoned oils. Frenchman's Pub and Band Box are dope too (Brad @ Band Box cut his teeth at Vincent but chose to open his greasy spoon without a lick of pretense).

• 1 year later...

Meatheads, a small chain of burger places in Illinois

1/3 burger(2 patties) with:

-Cheddar cheese

-Lettuce

-Raw onion

-Pickles

-Jalapeno

-Giardiniera

-Pineapple

-Bacon

-Fried egg

-Fries(both on the burger and on the side)

-BBQ sauce

-Cholula hot sauce

-House-made 'cajun seasoning'

Probably forgetting something on this list.

Along with an Oreo milkshake...

This is the reason why I will be dead before 25

• 2 weeks later...

o1ZTIfg.jpg?1

Pie 'N Burger - Double cheeseburger, extra cheese, medium rare, no lettuce, no tomato, easy spread

This burger turned me into a believer.  I usually prefer classic burgers nowadays, though I've had a number of pretty good gourmet burgers in San Francisco and New York.  But whenever I crave a burger, I go classic-style, every time.  It's the same way I make my burgers at home anyway.

Another "pie and burger" joint with a great classic burger in LA is The Apple Pan. Two burger choices - both are classic burgs on a plain-ass bun, but with different sauces. The Hickory Burger is the better-looking sister between that and the Steak Burger (Hickory pictured below, thx google). Ditch the lettuce and mayo.

Pie 'N Burger slightly wins over Apple Pan for me, though. If I could do Pie n Burger's burga, with Apple Pan's hickory sauce, maybe throw in some bacon...

img_0718.jpg?w=768&h=1024

6a00d8345173e969e2019101b34701970c-500wi

this little place in nothern nj called Next Door, hands down best i've ever had. its got caramelized onions and vermont sharp cheddar but the meat is unbelievably flavorful and juicy. if you are anywhere near that area try the burger, you won't regret it.

honorable mentions are in-n-out and fat belly's in rhode island (if anyone's in pvd or passing through ri hit me up and we'll go)