Vancouver Meetup

Tiranis

Can anyone recommend a store in Vancouver where I can find clothes for super cold temperatures (thermal under-layers, etc)? I'm going to Yellowknife next week and it's going to be -20°C.

I've looked at MEC, Arcteryx and others, but advice would be awesome.

super cold temperatures
-20°C.

yes

yes I think I'll spend the winter in vancouver where this is considered cold.

and just layer a bunch, I don't think you need thermals for that. the bay/sears should have something though unless you want some high end longjohns for some reason.

Vancouver barely ever falls before 0°C - it's like a sickly grey paradise during winter.

We're just going to be shooting a lot of footage outside/possibly at night and I fear the cold. But I think you're right - thermals should be fine. If I freeze, I'll have the other crew members avenge my death. :cool:

going to be in vancouver next weekend, any stores i should definitely check out?

haven haven haven

inventory is cool but really high markup on some stuff, same with roden gray

neighbor opened since the last time i was in vancouver so i can't really say

how are price points? make profit?

Most things seemed around 70% off retail. I'm pretty sure the hoodies were $70, I got a thermal shirt for $35-ish, which retailed for $100.

Lots of selection though. The nicest thing I saw was a super built Wool Tweed Down Jacket for $300.

I wish they had more in XS...or that that I was a burly man's man.

going to be in vancouver next weekend, any stores i should definitely check out?

Go to the Pourhouse, order a pint of Back Hand of God and a burger. You won't be disappointed.

thanks for the heads up on stores - didnt' make it to pourhouse but had a great dinner at Chill Winston. Good shit at all the stores but didnt' end up picking anything up.

thanks for the heads up on stores - didnt' make it to pourhouse but had a great dinner at Chill Winston. Good shit at all the stores but didnt' end up picking anything up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...