Best Shopping/Stores in Chicago

cd1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'll be visiting Chicago next weekend. Looking for

CD/Record stores: I went to jazz mart last time I was here and want to revisit. What are some other stores that I should take a look in?

Bookstores: Going to stop at quimbys and myopic in wicker park. Am I missing anything? What else is there besides Powell's?

As far as shopping I don't have much to spend and am just looking for some basics so I figured I'll just walk around Wicker Park and see if I see anything at the resale shops. Also going to stop by Belmont Surplus. Are there any neat stores downtown worth looking in?

Food: Probably just going to stop somewhere near where we are. Looking for pizza/mexican/hotdogs/ etc.

I might be staying with friends in Naperville or just finding a hotel downtown. Also, any good coffeeshops?

I'll be visiting Chicago next weekend. Looking for

CD/Record stores: I went to jazz mart last time I was here and want to revisit. What are some other stores that I should take a look in?

Bookstores: Going to stop at quimbys and myopic in wicker park. Am I missing anything? What else is there besides Powell's?

As far as shopping I don't have much to spend and am just looking for some basics so I figured I'll just walk around Wicker Park and see if I see anything at the resale shops. Also going to stop by Belmont Surplus. Are there any neat stores downtown worth looking in?

Food: Probably just going to stop somewhere near where we are. Looking for pizza/mexican/hotdogs/ etc.

I might be staying with friends in Naperville or just finding a hotel downtown. Also, any good coffeeshops?

Bookstores: Check out The Book Cellar in Lincoln Square (not Lincoln Park) right off the Western Brownline stop.

Wicker Park shopping can get expensive, although I haven't been there for a while. I'm a sucker for St. Alfreds. Don't know if their Nike x St. Alfred pop up shop is still up, doubt it because it was a promo for the World Cup.

Coffeeshops?!? INTELLIGENTSIA downtown on Randolph, or try the one in Lakeview, just a few blocks east of the Wellington Red/Brown/Purpleline stop. Also, I'm a fan of Asado Coffee too on Irving Park.

Food, just check out LTH Forums.

• 4 weeks later...