usa :: philadelphia :: shopping

Eagles fans are savages, but Phillies fans are a lot more reserved, which makes sense given the nature of both sports. At least that's what my friends have told me. I'm going to a Phils / Mets game in August, so we'll have to see.

embarrarassingly i haven't been to the new stadium, but back in the day at the VET you could get a ticket for buying a 8 pack of phillies franks, my friends and i would go (underage) and get wasted in the parking lot, get up to the 700 level and scream at the other team and throw shit at them. Didn't they have to ban bat night? or am I thinking of the eagles fans pelting the other team with snowballs. also do you remember how they had to have a courtroom IN veterens stadium just so they could rush prosecute eagles fans for drunk and disorderlies?

embarrarassingly i haven't been to the new stadium, but back in the day at the VET you could get a ticket for buying a 8 pack of phillies franks, my friends and i would go (underage) and get wasted in the parking lot, get up to the 700 level and scream at the other team and throw shit at them. Didn't they have to ban bat night? or am I thinking of the eagles fans pelting the other team with snowballs. also do you remember how they had to have a courtroom IN veterens stadium just so they could rush prosecute eagles fans for drunk and disorderlies?

Wednesday is dollar dogs night, which attracts a big college crowd. A bunch of my boys from school are all Philly kids, so I'm pretty excited to visit them and take in a game.

And Goddamn is that chant annoying. Nothing fucks up a good night down the bar worse than when a group get together. They do that shit well out of football season too. The worst was a 'Fuck Cory Lidle' chant I heard just days after his death. I understand Eagles fans hating the Giants, but why do Phils fans hate the Yankees so much?

Wednesday is dollar dogs night, which attracts a big college crowd. A bunch of my boys from school are all Philly kids, so I'm pretty excited to visit them and take in a game.

And Goddamn is that chant annoying. Nothing fucks up a good night down the bar worse than when a group get together. They do that shit well out of football season too. The worst was a 'Fuck Cory Lidle' chant I heard just days after his death. I understand Eagles fans hating the Giants, but why do Phils fans hate the Yankees so much?

personally i could care less about the yankees, but after spending 6 years in providence, it's hard not to let the sox in a bit.

Ahh. You must be the guy in the bleachers at Yanks games that come in suits and ties and gets heckled by fellow fans. Something tells me that a 40 year old guy at the M&N store doesn't really give a fuck about trying to be cool.

they were wearing those huge fake chains u see in mall carts, actually. and no i dont wear suits and ties, if im goin 2 a sporting event ill wear a t-shirt or something.nothing wrong with wearing a jersey to a sporting event, but theyve kinda gone out of style in terms of being fashion statements. every party i used to go 2 when i was younger looked like an all-star game, now no1 wears jerseys really.

yall catch so much anger over some internet posts, chill out, its not that serious

the gallery at market east

THE PEOPLES MALL

(finish line):

SzFFMsFum6I

city blue

Are those large quantities of pubes taped to the back of her shirt?

For a while they actually sold a dvd about Eagles fans specifically about how ruthless they can be. And the flyers had a billboard on 95 that read 'The most intimidating fans in hockey', not sure if it's still up.

• 6 years later...

Are those large quantities of pubes taped to the back of her shirt?

For a while they actually sold a dvd about Eagles fans specifically about how ruthless they can be. And the flyers had a billboard on 95 that read 'The most intimidating fans in hockey', not sure if it's still up.

ok, so now i am responding to this six year old post but i was watching the US Open that was held in Merion, PA in June (for just a second) and the announcer mentioned the tough philadelphia crowd - this is golf, we're talking about. not sure what constitutes a tough golf crowd but... yeah. gruesome golf claps.

tumblr_lrs9mtry7Z1r1thdeo1_400.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anythings going on in Philadelphia tonight / tomorrow?  Anyone from around there have any suggestions on things to do for a first timer - galleries, cheap good eats, coffee, a cocktail if it's not over hyped, same goes for beer.  Basically looking to get a bit of the old culture and a lot of what's new in the city. 

Edited by captain5640