Looking for some distressed jeans

Fuuma

I'm thinking of buying a new pair of jeans, and want to go for a more "used" look. I'm looking for recommendations/pictures and possibly places to purchase online. Quite frankly I haven't really decided on the exact style I want.

Here's some info on what I want:

-I normally wear a size 30 or sometimes 29 and I'm about 5'8" so ideally the inseam would be something like 30", keep my size in mind when you suggest jeans which might have inappropriately placed fading (i.e. behind the knee) or a cut made for taller guys…

-I’m mostly into straight legs although I might consider something else if I really love how it looks…

-I’m not into destroyed jeans (no fake holes for me)

-I like slim fits

-I was really impressed by a picture of a distressed Japanese Levi I saw on this site but can’t seem to find it again.

-It doesn’t have to be selvedge as long as it’s quality denim

Best "used" look jeans i have ever had was an old pair of dark Lee (I think they were called Slouch) Jeans. Nice fit, straight leg. Of course Lee are the kings of slim fit.

They were quit dark with some fading on the thighs but very natural looking. Nevertheless, what I am getting at (the process gets slower in my old age) is that I am yet to see a pair of "distressed" jeans look and feel as good as this pair of Lees did after i wore them for a year. Wear them hard and don't wash them too often. The only way to get a real used look.

The only other pair I have seen look similar is a pair of selvedge Nudies which the guy wearing them had only washed after 6 months of wearing ( i know - that sounds a little long) but they looked perfect.

There has been way too much distressing in jeans lately and it just looks wack and over the top. Go selvedge and wear hard!

Quote:

Best "used" look jeans i have ever had was an old pair of dark Lee (I think they were called Slouch) Jeans. Nice fit, straight leg. Of course Lee are the kings of slim fit.

They were quit dark with some fading on the thighs but very natural looking. Nevertheless, what I am getting at (the process gets slower in my old age) is that I am yet to see a pair of "distressed" jeans look and feel as good as this pair of Lees did after i wore them for a year. Wear them hard and don't wash them too often. The only way to get a real used look.

The only other pair I have seen look similar is a pair of selvedge Nudies which the guy wearing them had only washed after 6 months of wearing ( i know - that sounds a little long) but they looked perfect.

There has been way too much distressing in jeans lately and it just looks wack and over the top. Go selvedge and wear hard!

--- Original message by Superdutch on Jun 9, 2005 12:06 AM

I have already have dry denim jeans, but you can't break three pairs at the same time...especially when you can't wear them most work days.

I have a pair of A.P.C. Rescues and the whole dry denim thing isn't doing it for me.

I am also 5'8", and I have a pair of the JP Da'Mage jeans I got from nordstroms in January on sale. They tailored them down from 34' inseam and they still look great. A very nice fit, comfortable, and a legitimate bootcut (which i like).

I am going to try Blue Blood next I think (http://www.bluebloodbrand.com/) They MZP08/Vintage Cast wash looks amazing. The two problems are: they are not that tight; and secondly, they are hard to find and expensive. I guess thats three things, but they look great.

I thought about it some more and want to get some Levis 501 in a used state. I don't know much about these so where should I look for info and what should I watch out for/look for.

if i were you, i'd pay attention for some vintage 501. selvage definitely, big E a plus. you can find some decent vintage redline 501 (no big E) on ebay for less than $100 and around $2-300 for decent big E. well worth the money, just hunt for the perfect pair and you'll be a happy guy.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif